EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

41 - 60 of 2904 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
axiama said:
Oh, lookey here! All the delusional people got together and decided to throw a party on the gas prices thread! :party: :eyebrow:

$3.639 in Louisiana
One persons delusion is another persons reality.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Whatever. I don't have time to debate this with you right now. My husband needs a beer and then I have to draw him a bubble bath.

\sarcasm

Still $3.639 in LA

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
We are paying $3.89 in upstate NY which is pretty high compared to the rest of you. They are talking about repealing the gas tax for the summer which to find out is $.33 cents per gallon, that is just NY state taxes...Unreal. 33 cents a gallon for every car in the state, can you imagine what that comes to and yet we have the highest property and income taxes also. Wonderful, when can I retire, oh yeah, as soon as that lottery ticket thing works out.

·
Registered
743 Posts
axiama said:
Never again will I complain about paying $48 for a tank of gas.
Not to be a SmartA--, but We'll probably never buy another Tank for $48. The Media says we are fortunate, because some Countries are paying $5,6, or 7 per Gallon. Think about it.....some of those Countries are just a few Miles from Coast to Coast. We are 3K and I don't think it's a fair comparison.
This isn't directed at you axiama, but just adding my .02. It's still hard to believe what has happened to the USA and our way of Life.

·
Registered
78 Posts
All you hear from the Politicians anymore is sarcastic remarks like the gas could go to $5 a gallon or higher,oh well.They never tell you what there going to do about it.There are probably lot of solutions to this huge problem but there's too much money changing hands in the Corporate World to fix it now.I hope the people in the USA finally elect a leader that will bring them back to prosperity once again.A weak dollar isn't helping either.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Kind of funny reading this morning's paper and after meeting with the Saudi's they told Bush they will not pump more oil to help us out....amazing how short their memories are, just a few short years ago we should have let them get their ass' kicked..

·
Registered
758 Posts
PAPoPo said:
Kind of funny reading this morning's paper and after meeting with the Saudi's they told Bush they will not pump more oil to help us out....amazing how short their memories are, just a few short years ago we should have let them get their ass' kicked..
The article must have said that the Saudi's just raised their production of crude oil the week before. Perhaps the article should have asked whether Bush asked for more production of Kuwait.

There are few if any "solutions" to the high price of oil that would make any sense or work fast enough to bring the price down before the next decade. We simply need to not squander our resources as much.

As far as any regrets in buying the Enclave, we are very happy with its class leading fuel economy. Just not happy that our government has taken away our freedom to buy what the rest of the world can in efficient 7-9 passenger transportation.

TM

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Brian Williams just reported 5 minutes ago that gas prices in Saudi Arabia are $0.45 per gallon....We just hit $4.00 in Albany NY. What is happening in our country? We are a mobile society, this could be the new way to collapse our economy, the **** with terrorists these prices will cause more havoc to middle American than an attack.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Did Brian also mention the BEHEADINGS and WHIPPINGS that occur there on a daily basis?
Last week it was 64 cents a gallon now it's 45,what will they do with the extra money in there pockets? I know buy a Enclave fully loaded.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I would NEVER exchange my life in the good ole USA, even $5.00 gas, for the oppression that goes with 45 cent gas in the middle east.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I don't get how we all jump to the lifestyle thing, they are two different issues. I am not saying I want to live in Saudi Arabia , but I would not mind a fair price for gas. We just went to $3.99 a gallon today. With the large oil companies showing RECORD PROFITS and taxes in NY with federal over $.50 a gallon (and my roads still are full of potholes), you can not realistically believe that the price we are paying at the pump is a legitimate and fair price can you? If they are making record profits then lower the price and make good profits and we may pay $2.50 a gallon. We are being manipulated and lied to...

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I agree that the record profits are obscene, but this is free enterprise and capitalism at work. NO, I am not in the industry, nor do I own stock in the oil companies.
However, I do believe when the demand slackens, the upward pressure will lessen.
Now, how about doing something about my $10,000.00 property taxes for my little 1/4 acre property...... :help:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
MRBUICK said:
Now, how about doing something about my $10,000.00 property taxes for my little 1/4 acre property...... :help:
Wow, I guess I shouldn't complain about my $4000 property taxes. Do you pay state income tax also?

·
Registered
78 Posts
According to the Experts the high gas prices sooner or later have to stop,then the slow decrease in price will begin.The scary part is WHEN????
I've already started riding to work with 3 other people in order to save gas and money.I'm starting to see a lot more bicycles on the city streets,I wonder why?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
zman said:
Wow, I guess I shouldn't complain about my $4000 property taxes. Do you pay state income tax also?

Yes, we pay state income tax in NJ, as well as a multitude of other taxes including 7% sales tax. (No sales tax on food or clothing)
If fact we pay tax on our tax.
:banghead:

On the positive, are gas tax is among the lowest in the nation, making our gas prices lower than most.

MRBUICK

41 - 60 of 2904 Posts