EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was looking over Gator's pics (nice car Gator) and noticed the very distinctive Tri-Color Buick Tri-Shield logo stitching on the front seat headrests! VERY NICE, but how did you get that???!!! I would love to at least have the tri-shield logo stitching even if it wasn't in color. Is this now standard on new models coming off the line with leather? WOW, it is very sharp!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wow! A thread for me? ??? Our dealer had a few cars that they recieved from their stock and had a few that they embellished with these logos and pinstriping. I saw these and had to have them added to mine. The dealer put them on at no charge because of my almost 4 month wait for the vehicle! No pinstripes for me. The logo colors vary according to the color of the interior. I think that they may be just a decal (i.e., iron-on) application. At least in my case, my head rarely actually "rests" on the headrest. The titanium had a black ring around the tri-shield and the ebony... I believe may have been white? In anycase, they look sharp and get noticed right away when someone gets into the car. (I am considering getting the second row done this way also?) Not sure of the cost or source for the dealer, but I will inquire when I take my Enclave in to have a few scratches worked on next week. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gator, would love to get this done.....it really looks sharp! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
ccaats said:
Thanks gator, would love to get this done.....it really looks sharp! :thumb:
For what it's worth..........I just emailed Seatbelt Pads .com, inquiring if they make a color Buick shoulder pad. They are a sponser on a Caddy forum I joined and make a STUNNING silk, shoulder pad w/ Colored Caddy logo! it slides up and down as needed, on the seat belt. Fastens w/ underside velcro. At this moment their site shows a plain white stitched Buick pad. Not bad, but after having the colored model............ I will inform when they reply. meantime see their website for a sharp seat belt pad that is visable as soon as you open the door!
Seatbeltpads.com
PS............ an Ebay guy offers a colored buick logo pad, but it's not silk. some kind cotton mix? Search ebay stores, Buick seat belt pads and see for yourself. Cheap @ $5 a pair!! (China)

R

·
0 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
For what it's worth..........I just emailed Seatbelt Pads .com, inquiring if they make a color Buick shoulder pad. They are a sponser on a Caddy forum I joined and make a STUNNING silk, shoulder pad w/ Colored Caddy logo! it slides up and down as needed, on the seat belt. Fastens w/ underside velcro. At this moment their site shows a plain white stitched Buick pad. Not bad, but after having the colored model............ I will inform when they reply. meantime see their website for a sharp seat belt pad that is visable as soon as you open the door!
Seatbeltpads.com
PS............ an Ebay guy offers a colored buick logo pad, but it's not silk. some kind cotton mix? Search ebay stores, Buick seat belt pads and see for yourself. Cheap @ $5 a pair!! (China)
:eek:fftopic:

can you tell me the name of the cadi forum, we have two cadillacs an 86 fleetwood and a 98 deville, that both have their own set of wierd problems.

·
Registered
612 Posts
ccaats said:
Ok, I was looking over Gator's pics (nice car Gator) and noticed the very distinctive Tri-Color Buick Tri-Shield logo stitching on the front seat headrests! VERY NICE..
I was looking over Gator's pics and... heck with it.. who cares about the car? I want to live in Gator's neighborhood! To my midwestern eyes those palms and beautiful FL homes look mighty inviting. Gator, I salute you! Would a Purdue grad with a few pigs to keep in the back yard raise any eye brows in your neighborhood?

(All in jest..)

R

·
0 Posts
gbshuler said:
I was looking over Gator's pics and... heck with it.. who cares about the car? I want to live in Gator's neighborhood! To my midwestern eyes those palms and beautiful FL homes look mighty inviting. Gator, I salute you! Would a Purdue grad with a few pigs to keep in the back yard raise any eye brows in your neighborhood?

(All in jest..)
palm trees are annoying, we have them scattered around our back yard around the pool, and all they do is make my job of keeping the pool harder, also in the winter here you have to shrink wrap them to keep them alive, each and every tree.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
palm trees are annoying, we have them scattered around our back yard around the pool, and all they do is make my job of keeping the pool harder, also in the winter here you have to shrink wrap them to keep them alive, each and every tree.
Florida isn't the same as where you live. I once lived in Florida for a few years and I found the Palm Trees to be beautiful, not a lot of work to maintain them and they certainly don't have to shrink wrap them to keep them alive. Different strokes..you know the saying. Anyway, have fun.

·
Registered
612 Posts
rocketman said:
Florida isn't the same as where you live. I once lived in Florida for a few years and I found the Palm Trees to be beautiful, not a lot of work to maintain them and they certainly don't have to shrink wrap them to keep them alive. Different strokes..you know the saying. Anyway, have fun.
In my neighborhood west of St. Louis, a few neighbors, before going bankrupt, built a pool with palm trees and a thatched tiki bar overlooking the Missouri River valley. Every October the landscaper who sold (leased?) them the trees came and picked them up -- to be stored in a greenhouse over the winter before bringing them back in April.. A little more work than shrink wrap?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ugh...palm trees. I just hate the ones we have. I think they are somewhat silly in AZ but they go with the 8 months of moderate warm weather. No shrink wrap necessary here! They were 5 feet tall when we moved in and are now two+ stories tall 5 years later. I hate paying someone to come and trim them. I would rather have some citrus trees. They at least create shade and are pretty to look at and produce fruit. But, they have their challenges as well. Trunk care, too much fruit, that sort of thing.

On the shield, it is a nice idea. If I were to do it, it would be one color, same as the upholstery. Monochromatic.

R

·
0 Posts
boy do i need a life, sitting on a car site at 4:00 A.M. talking about palm trees ::) ::)

anyway, i guess it depends on your geographoical location, i like them, but if you have 15 like we do they can get annoying. There very nice in the summer, but winter, where its 50-60's for 4 months you need to wrap them, my grand parents have some that you dont need to, some type a species that are winter resistant or somthing, but when their fruit falls in the pool and throws my cya and ph off its really annoying, or when its windy and it blows some leafs off that get stuck in the skimmer and i have to clean the filter out. They are still nice and add a tropical feel to the yard.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
:eek:fftopic:

can you tell me the name of the cadi forum, we have two cadillacs an 86 fleetwood and a 98 deville, that both have their own set of wierd problems.
Rollin' ..........Sure. It's cadillacforums.com You'll see me there on occasion, (Smokin SRX) as I have a few ongoing issues that I contributed to and want to finish off, even though I sold the SRX for the Enclave!

Back to headrest crests.........no idea where to get. That's why I mentioned the seat belt pads. (still waiting for them to answer if color pads are available) Similar, interior, beautification, w/ a little functionality thrown in! See seatbeltpads.com for pix etc......

·
Registered
259 Posts
I will ask my dealer later this week when I bring it in for a few repair on the paint from shipping the car how they got these after-market logos that everyone seems to like. It adds a little "something" to the Enclave. :)

Thanks for the nice and not so nice comments on my palm trees. ::) By the way, we also have oaks, maples, citrus, mangoes, peaches, bananas, etc. in the yard and not just palms.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Gator said:
I will ask my dealer later this week when I bring it in for a few repair on the paint from shipping the car how they got these after-market logos that everyone seems to like. It adds a little "something" to the Enclave. :)

Thanks for the nice and not so nice comments on my palm trees. ::) By the way, we also have oaks, maples, citrus, mangoes, peaches, bananas, etc. in the yard and not just palms.
I was blinded by that gorgeous White Diamond Enclave in the driveway that I didn't even notice the landscaping. But, Gator, you are a true fan to have that giant Gator emblem on the back of your Enclave. That definitely got my attention.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Gator.......War Eagle :poke: Although I must say, with our on-field performance so far this year compared to you guys....I am NOT looking forward to the "re-match" down in Gainesville. I don't think it will be pretty (for us) and you guys will probably get your revenge.

By the way, I have a niece and nephew who are Gator alums and live in Gainesville....so I DO cheer for the Gators when you aren't playing us :thumb:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
axiama said:
I was blinded by that gorgeous White Diamond Enclave in the driveway that I didn't even notice the landscaping. But, Gator, you are a true fan to have that giant Gator emblem on the back of your Enclave. That definitely got my attention.
You don't really have that Gator emblem on your new Enclave, do you?!?!!?!?!?![/color] :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Of course he's got the emblem on his car. The Gators are the national champs - until LSU reclaims the title in January. ;D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
axiama said:
Of course he's got the emblem on his car. The Gators are the national champs - until LSU reclaims the title in January. ;D
Not so fast my friend :nono: you still have to beat Auburn this year! ;D

Wait a minute......we just lost to the Univ of South Florida :'( :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Now, the Alabama game - That's what everyone around here is waiting for. Showtime, Saban!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts