EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: I first saw the Enclave at the local auto show here in town back in early November (07). Filled out a card and a week later, had one of the BIG brochures and within a week, a coupon for up to 4 months of a competitiors lease paid off (not to exceed $2,000) or $2,000 off the price of a GM vehicle (included Enclave). I didn't need it at the time and certificare expired in mid January. I threw it away. Also, my current Audi lease isn't up until the first week of May. Now, I called over to a division of GM (competitive advertising or something like that) and they tell me because it's expired, I can't use it. Someone else told me they will accept it (my dealer agreed to if GM honors it) at the Buick dealer if there finance department knows they'll get paid from GM on it. The extra money off doesn't cost the dealer but rather GM pays for it. They looked my name up in the system and can see I did indeed get a certificate like this. Anyone ever have a situation like this? The manager at the local dealer where I'm picking up my car said he'd accept it if GM pays for it...they are saying they don't know if it's going to be accepted because it's expired. I complained to GM that they sent it to me way too early for me to use. They won't issue another one that easily for me as she told me they don't reissue them. Any thoughts on how to get them at the dealership to honor this if they look it up in the computer?? HELP

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not sure how to get one honored if it is beyond expiration but I do know that we had one of these exact lease coupons and used it just 3 weeks ago. It had an expiration date of April 7th, 2008 though. I'm not sure if that new date could help you out in any way and you request the new version with the April date but you might try to throw out that you know there was a coupon floating out there w/ the same $2k lease buyout with an April expiration date.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
apparently they don't give them out too freely. I requested a replacement and they said "No". They had me in the system (looked up my name and address). Problem with me was they sent it to me too early (in December). The dealer where I'm leasing from would accept it but can't because GM won't honor it. \

1 - 5 of 5 Posts