EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Getting Cooled Seats Installed Afterwards

19K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  TRENTUZI 
#1 ·
Don't know if this is the right forum for this...anyways, I bought a used '09 CXL and I really would like to have it equipped with cooled seats. Do you think it's possible to get them installed now? If so, would it be pretty pricey?

#2 ·
I believe I have seen that you can get cooled seats...
Or possibly it was heated.
But I do remember there was a bulletin--- about where they were connecting to the fuse box.
apparently theres a change in the way the fuse box is labeled...

#3 ·
Note the fuse is labeled heated and cooled seat... so this could apply to cooled seats if the can be installed after...

GM Accessory Heated Seats Fuse Location
January 1, 2011 6:03 PM
GM Accessory heated seats installed on a 2007-2011 Acadia, 2007-2010 OUTLOOK, 2008-2011 Enclave or 2009-2011 Traverse may be inoperative or the seat module may not be able to be programmed. These conditions may be due to a label change to the electrical center.

The correct location for the 20A Heated Seat fuse may be labeled HTD/SEAT or SPARE (Fig. 10, A) depending on the model year.

Fig. 10

Do not place a fuse for the GM Accessory heated seats in the location labeled HTD COOL SEAT. (Fig. 10, B) If a fuse is in this location, do not remove it. This location is for factory-installed heated/cooled seats.

#4 ·
Besides all the work/changes to the fuse box those seats aren't going to be cheap unless you can pull a couple from the salvage yard from a wrecked Enclave.

#5 ·
There are aftermarket kits available for cooled seats although we don't install them. I'm not sure how well they work. Lot's of issues there. We install aftermarket heated seat kits all the time, (at least in the fall and winter). They're okay although not as strong as the factory seats.

#6 ·
I kinda have the same question and maybe things have changes for the better in the new model..

I drive a 2013 Buick Enclave Leather Trim with Heated seats (comes with those air grid inlets at the 2 front seats)

Is there any chance I'd be able to install either OEM or Aftermarket Cooled Seats?

#7 ·
Hello 123black,

I took the liberty of calling a service center to see what options you would have in changing your seats to the seats with the cooling function. Unfortunately, they told me that it was not possible because they are two totally different components. I looked in our approved external web links to see if I saw anything comparable to what you were looking for also. Unfortunately, there was nothing there too satisfy the need you're looking to fulfill. I hope someone else has a possible remedy for you.

Marlea Wilson
Buick Customer Service

123ablack said:
I kinda have the same question and maybe things have changes for the better in the new model..

I drive a 2013 Buick Enclave Leather Trim with Heated seats (comes with those air grid inlets at the 2 front seats)

Is there any chance I'd be able to install either OEM or Aftermarket Cooled Seats?

#10 ·
Thanks for asking, Gold. May 28th was our one year anniversary with the King Ranch. We've put just a little over 14000 miles on it during that year. Have not had one problem with the vehicle. We love the color, Green Gem, as it is very seldom seen on other Expys on the road. It almost changes color depending on which way the sun hits it, some people think it's black until they get up on it and see the green sparkle. The KR leather is holding up very well, but I'm pretty anal about keeping it clean and conditioned. We get between 15/16 mpg around town, and have gotten as much as 21 on the hwy when I just cruised at the speed limit (turns about 1800 rpm at 55mph, due to the 6 speed tranny). We had two other Expys in the past, this one has a power lift gate, which makes it a breeze to open the huge gate and I like the fact I can just open the glass without opening the whole tailgate. Heated/cooled seats are the best we've ever had, my wife has to turn hers off after a few minutes as it gets too cold for her. The Enclave was a very good vehicle till it got broken into and after we hit that deer in 2011 the car never was "right" after that with too many rattles that shop couldn't fix. Since I had the Kenwood Nav unit in the Enclave, I was used to some features that the factory Navs lack, such as playing a DVD while in motion on the front screen and able to input info into the Nav while driving. After I got an eCoastaltech lockpick I'm quite happy with the Ford factory Nav, plus I can turn on the rear camera while in motion which comes in handy when towing my trailer. Also the power fold third row seating helps a lot, don't have to lean in and pull straps to pull the seats up
All in all, we don't regret the switch at all. Hope I didn't bore ya'll.

#11 ·
Nice report. I am glad that you are happy with your Expedition. Though it seems like just a little too much vehicle for my needs, it sounds like a well executed high quality SUV. :thumb:

#13 ·
Buick Customer Service said:
Hello 123black,

I took the liberty of calling a service center to see what options you would have in changing your seats to the seats with the cooling function. Unfortunately, they told me that it was not possible because they are two totally different components. I looked in our approved external web links to see if I saw anything comparable to what you were looking for also. Unfortunately, there was nothing there too satisfy the need you're looking to fulfill. I hope someone else has a possible remedy for you.

Marlea Wilson
Buick Customer Service
Thanks for looking into the option. This reply was one of the better ones from the GM support, very helpful official reply.

#17 ·
Adding cooled seats

I just bought a new 2017 Enclave Leather without cooled seats. Has anyone found any info on adding this? How about getting a "recycled" seat from a junk dealer, or just the parts to do it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.