EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to order timing kit for 2008 Enclave. What else should I order? Gasket kits? Watched plenty of videos but I dont think any has mentioned gaskets. Please someone reply when you have time.

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts
I doubt you'll find many people here that have DIY'd the timing chain since it's a pretty involved job. Just take a look at the steps and any parts you have to take off that have a gasket should have that gasket replaced since it's 12 years old and likely to crack coming off and not seal well going back on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You might also want to replace your water pump while you have the engine out. I have a 2010 that I replaced all three of the chains on and while it was "dropped, it was a perfect time to replace the water pump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Some good info here:

****...I read the article. Yea good info. But then I started reading comments. OMFG Some horror stories. I just bought my wife a 08 enclave on 7/3/2020 for 4400$ its got 155,000 on it. We just took it up the coast of lake Michigan for 5 days. She rides fantastic. What a great roomy comfortable luxurious suv. Knock on wood i dont have such problems. At least its paid for. Those comments have alot of people making payments on a vehicle they cant afford to fix. That is horrible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts