EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in buying the stock NAV unit w/DVD?

I am currently shopping around for an Enclave and a dealer near me has the exact one that I want except w/Ent. Pkg. 4. I was looking for a fully loaded one w/Ent. Pkg. 1 and plan on installing a Pioneer AVIC-Z2 w/bluetooth and headrest mounted screens so I wanted to see if I could recover the cost of the unit. If not, I'll just have to order the one I want but will have to wait 12wks :(. I'm going to go look at it tonight and decide before this weekend.

I would probably prefer to sell locally in the NY/NJ area to avoid shipping.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
758 Posts
That sounds like a good idea, but what will you do about the rear-view camera? Keep it? How will your new unit connect to it?

TM

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I were going to custom order, I would get Ent Pkg 1 and install an aftermarket camera - in this case I would use the OEM camera along with the Z2 - it has multiple video inputs. I would only be getting Pkg. 1 for the Bose speaker system upgrade and rear console mounted controls and likely be selling the 6-cd changer here or EBay for anyone wanting the upgrade from the stock radio.

My friend has the same setup in his Hummer. He's got the AVIC-Z1, Bluetooth module, Sirius module, the adapter to use his stock steering wheel controls, dual headrest screens and back-up camera. I like the headunit because it's a hard drive based navigation unit with 10gig left over for his music. He's able to play dvds from his head unit and route to the rear screens and still have a couple of inputs left on the unit (currently has his XBox going into it). Everything came out perfect - looks stock but with so much more functionality.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. Please post your results/pictures when you can

TM

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tin Man said:
Sounds like a good plan. Please post your results/pictures when you can

TM
Will do! I actually just got back from the dealer and they made my decision much easier - they ended up giving me an awesome deal on the one they had in stock. Looks like I'll have a stock nav unit for sale in a couple of weeks ;).

I will definitely post pics of the results.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Please let me know what you want for the stock nav unit.

Also, has anyone installed the stock nav unit into an Enclave that doesn't have it? Ours has DVD but no nav. I guess we wouldn't have the camera in this config but we could pick that up down the road maybe.

Thanks

richbub
2008 Enclave CXL AWD, Blue-Gold Crystal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts