EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2011 Enclave CXL1 on Monday and drove it 190 miles today. I noticed that due to the EXTENSIVE metal all over the interior I am constantly dealing with the sun's glare in my eyes. Am I the only one annoyed at this?? Solutions?? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
8) Wear sunglasses..... :happy: Seriously though, yes....I get some glare too....it's the small penalty for having such an awesome detailed interior. Before this (Enclave, and other Lambdas)....the dashes were very boring, color wise. Everyone made such a big deal that dash boards were boring and all gray all the time, so GM finally came up with more detail to their dashes....and because of that, there will be some glare from the chrome accents. I'm sure BMW, Lexus, Acura, and the rest of the luxury brands have the same issues. This is probably why, since the 80's, the dashes have been void of any chrome trim. Now it's back, and people want it gone again...have to laugh a little. I don't find the glare bad enough to detract from the enjoyment of such a sweet vehicle. Kind of like when you drive with the sun glaring right into the windshield...it's annoying, but will pass when you turn, or the sun goes down. (if that's your only problem with the Enclave, it's a very small one....something that only occurs at very distinct times and angles of the sun):cheers: and :welcome: to the forum!

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
i know on the Acadia- the center AC vents- are chrome- some who complain about the light reflecting --- the dealer will replace the part with non chrrome versions.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I must day that I've never had a glare problem because of the chrome accents inside my Enclave. The only other time I've read any complaints about this was from a report from one of the auto magazines.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've never really noticed any glare bothering me off of my 2010 dash, but I might start paying attention to that now. Did they add a lot more crome to the 2011 dash?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
It is and I have never experienced dash glare on either my 2008 or 2010.

·
Registered
617 Posts
No issue with glare or reflections but the sun doesn't shine much around here! :sosad: Seriously, I have not noticed this at all but I do wear dark glasses on sunny days.

Tell you what I REALLY like is the auto dimming left side mirror. I spend a lot of time on dark highways and with previous cars was always adjusting the left mirror to deflect the lights from behind.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Vanguard said:
No issue with glare or reflections but the sun doesn't shine much around here! :sosad: Seriously, I have not noticed this at all but I do wear dark glasses on sunny days.

Tell you what I REALLY like is the auto dimming left side mirror. I spend a lot of time on dark highways and with previous cars was always adjusting the left mirror to deflect the lights from behind.
That must be a CXL option...I don't have it on my spartan CX.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
concal said:
Yeah, I guess I'll suck it up since I'm apparently the only one with this issue :binky:
No, I posted in my first reply that I too get the glare....but it's not enough to be concerned with. I think it's the same as complaining about a freshly washed and detailed vehicle that reflects a lot of sun. It's the "bling" factor of the interior that's so popular now (all makes) and that will be around for a while. My 72 GTO has a bunch more chrome trim than the Enclave, but over the years the designs have gone away from that....now they want to bring it back, just what's "in" at the time. There are some dashes that have painted silver for their accents (Equinox/Terrain for example), and perhaps that's the way to go. But, when looking at the Enclave's dash with the wood/brushed trim, and chome accents, it's one of the best dash designs around.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
No such problems for me.......

·
Registered
100 Posts
I may not be experiencing the problems with dash glare, but there is one really annoying part of my Enclave that does give me a glare problem. I find the driver's sun visor grossly inadequate. When I'm driving south in the morning, and swing the visor around to block the sun coming in the driver's window, the shade is not long enough to block it out (and I do wear sunglasses). Even with the visor slid along the visor pole to the very end, there is still about a 2" gap that lets the sun beam into my face. Sometimes I find myself sliding my chair forward to get out of the glare, which does not seem to be the best solution.

I've had earlier Buicks, which instead of a visor that slid along the visor pole, that had plastic visor extensions that slid out to extend the length of the visor, and it seems that very simple feature is a thing of the past?

Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
DCH said:
I may not be experiencing the problems with dash glare, but there is one really annoying part of my Enclave that does give me a glare problem. I find the driver's sun visor grossly inadequate. When I'm driving south in the morning, and swing the visor around to block the sun coming in the driver's window, the shade is not long enough to block it out (and I do wear sunglasses). Even with the visor slid along the visor pole to the very end, there is still about a 2" gap that lets the sun beam into my face. Sometimes I find myself sliding my chair forward to get out of the glare, which does not seem to be the best solution.

I've had earlier Buicks, which instead of a visor that slid along the visor pole, that had plastic visor extensions that slid out to extend the length of the visor, and it seems that very simple feature is a thing of the past?

Not an issue here. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
DCH said:

No, but at 6'3", I don't have any sun problems most of the time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
concal said:
Yeah, I guess I'll suck it up since I'm apparently the only one with this issue :binky:
I have seen the glare, too. It can be blinding when it happens so fortunately it does not happen often.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DCH said:
I may not be experiencing the problems with dash glare, but there is one really annoying part of my Enclave that does give me a glare problem. I find the driver's sun visor grossly inadequate. Does anyone else have this problem?
Yes! I test drove a 2011 Tahoe also and I noted to my surprise that the sun visor on it has been downgraded also to a puny little one. My 2001 Tahoe had a nice big visor with the extension that could be pulled out to block all the sun thru the driver side window. One of the many things I loved about that Tahoe. Perhaps if the 2011 Tahoe had such a visor I would not even be here right now... C'est la vie :p

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have also experienced the 'glare' in the interior at times but agree, the poor sun visors are a worse issue! In our last vehicle, a 2006 Nissan Armada, not only did the visors have the extension insert but there was also a 2nd fold-down visor under the main visor. That was nice - you could swivel the main visor over to the side window and still have the fold-down visor as well. The scrawny visor just doesn't compare...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
19 Participants
kevcol1974
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing