EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You got to wonder what fool wrote the programming for the "easy exit" driver's seat!
Remove the key, and the seat glides back ... That's good!
Now, the sensible thing would be for the seat to go to its memory position when the key is inserted in the ignition, but noooo.
The seat starts forward when the unlock button on the key fob is pressed ... brilliant!
If you are real quick, you might be able to get seated before the seat is all the way forward!:mad:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
newtobuick
First, welcome to the forum.

Easy exit, but NOT easy entrance??
I have been wondering about that myself.
As this is an active forum, someone will have an answer.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
There is no answer other than, yes it seems stupid.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It's one of the features that is there but we don't use. I agree you would think if the feature was selected to be used the seat would not move to the driver position until you got into the car and did something.

One thing that I am not fond of is the new DIC. Although it has more features (mostly unneeded IMHO) than our last Buick it does not have the the "instant economy" that told you what your MPG was continuously as you drove. As they say change is inevitable but not always for the best.

Overall we are very pleased with our new Enclave.

·
Registered
214 Posts
43sbest said:
It's one of the features that is there but we don't use. I agree you would think if the feature was selected to be used the seat would not move to the driver position until you got into the car and did something.
I like it.
Maybe at 5'9" I'm one of the shorter drivers, but I prefer to get in the vehicle with the seat adjusted for driving. In the garage, since we never lock the doors and the seat remains in "exit" mode, when I get in I have to hit the memory button to comfortably reach the ignition. I know I could use the fob, but usually don't.
I like the ease of getting out with the seat retracted, but it just seems easier for me to enter with the seat higher and closer.
Just old age and arthritis I guess.

Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts