EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the "pleasure" ::) of dealing with the Buick Customer Service Center this morning. Here is my tale.

I called the dealership to find out the status on my Enclave order. I got the same information that I had last week. I am status code 1100.
Translation ... I am waiting in the waiting line to get into the waiting line to get into the production line. The dealership really can't give me anymore information than this. I know these people and they are trying and have been trying to get me additional information. But to no avail.

So I call the Buick Customer Service Center. Wow is that ever misnamed. Anyway I get an agent that takes my information and tells me that for her to get more information she would have to call the dealership. I remark that I have already done that and I already have the information that they posess.
She needs my permission to contact the dealer and I grant it. She contacts the dealer and then returns to me to tell me exactly what I had already found out from the dealer. No real surprise. I ask to speak to her supervisor to get further in this process. I had no problem with this agent but I did not want to continue to ask someone for information who could not provide it to me. I was transfered to her supervisor who told me that they could call some "internal contacts" to get more information. So I said yes please by all means please contact them. I was transfered back to the original agent and she placed the call.

So I wait and research other competitor's vehicles online while I am waiting. She eventually returns with no additional information, only repeating what has already been learned. And now I am told that to get further information I will have to contact the dealership myself.

Anybody getting dizzy as we run around in circles?

I very politely stated that this lack of information is extremely frustrating and that if I don't get some more information soon that GM / Buick may lose a customer just from the ordering process and lack of updates.

I asked her to inform her management that I was unsatisfied and that other vehicles that I had not looked at before ordering the Enclave now are being pursued and reviewed.

GM is about to shoot themselves in the foot with current GM/Buick customers (me for instance) and potential converts from other name brands by not being able to 1) deliver a vehicle in a reasonable time frame 2) keep their customers informed of what is going on with their orders 3) raising the interest rates and reducing the incentives during the order process.

I really want to buy local, buy american, buy an Enclave. But GM/Buick is telling me by their actions that I should look elsewhere.
This is really a sorry state to be in. Customers banging on your door for a product they want and all GM does in response is ignore the customer.

Sounds like GM needs to pull their head out of wherever they stuck it and WAKE UP.

I really hope someone from GM reads this and takes this to heart. I am not the only one with this problem or frustration. And if I decide to cancel my order and go to another manufacturer I won't be the first nor the last.

Here is to hoping that they see the light of day and do something before it is too late.

I will give them one more chance .... DON'T BLOW IT.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
comiccolec said:
GM is about to shoot themselves in the foot with current GM/Buick customers (me for instance) and potential converts from other name brands by not being able to 1) deliver a vehicle in a reasonable time frame 2) keep their customers informed of what is going on with their orders 3) raising the interest rates and reducing the incentives during the order process.

I really want to buy local, buy american, buy an Enclave. But GM/Buick is telling me by their actions that I should look elsewhere.
This is really a sorry state to be in. Customers banging on your door for a product they want and all GM does in response is ignore the customer.

Sounds like GM needs to pull their head out of wherever they stuck it and WAKE UP.

I really hope someone from GM reads this and takes this to heart. I am not the only one with this problem or frustration. And if I decide to cancel my order and go to another manufacturer I won't be the first nor the last.

Here is to hoping that they see the light of day and do something before it is too late.

I will give them one more chance .... DON'T BLOW IT.
:ditto: i have stated this soooo many times... i hope gm is readinggggg

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I think GM has been listening (believe it or not). See MuddyZ's post about addition of 3rd shift. However, GM is already behind the 8-ball for taking 3 steps backwards in March/May before finally moving one step forward again with the announcement today. Ahhhh, the wonderful intelligence of large corporate beauracracy (I experience it on a daily basis). Hope you get some good news and get your Enclave soon comiccolec

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am in the same situation. We have ordered but our ordered has not yet been accepted by GM. The way I look at it is that I am willing to wait to get what I want -- especially when what I want is the very best. I keep my vehicles for longer than average, and I will enjoy them longer than average. For me I don't mind waiting a month longer if it means getting what you really want.

I do a lot of hiring of engineers and transferring where I work. I have always taken the approach that to get the very best talent I am very flexible on their timing and it has always worked for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts