EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As reported by the WSJ today "GM Cuts Pickup, SUV Output As Vehicle Inventory Balloons - General Motors Corp. said Wednesday it has cut overtime shifts at six of its North American full-size pickup and SUV plants in response to falling demand for the vehicles amid high fuel prices and a sustained slowdown in the housing market.".

Hope this does not impact Enclave production.

·
Registered
129 Posts
THE GOOD NEWS is the only plant affected in Michigan is the truck assembly in Flint. Sales of trucks and SUV's are down 29%.

The Lansing Delta plant is NOT affected. It is where the Lambda vehicles...Acadia, Outlook and Enclave are produced. Can't make em fast enough!! :thumb: The 3rd shift should be starting up with a week at the Lansing facility, which will help increase the production levels of the Enclave.

THE BAD NEWS IS that I did read on another auto news web site, that the UAW has taken a strike vote and their contract expires on September 12. AND OF COURSE this will affect the Lansing Delta Plant :eek:hno: :sosad:

We have our fingers crossed that our Enclave is built and in transit by that time!!

The article about the contract talks didn't sound promising either......... :eek:hno: :sosad: :sosad: :sosad:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
juglake said:
THE GOOD NEWS is the only plant affected in Michigan is the truck assembly in Flint. Sales of trucks and SUV's are down 29%.

The Lansing Delta plant is NOT affected. It is where the Lambda vehicles...Acadia, Outlook and Enclave are produced. Can't make em fast enough!! :thumb: The 3rd shift should be starting up with a week at the Lansing facility, which will help increase the production levels of the Enclave.

THE BAD NEWS IS that I did read on another auto news web site, that the UAW has taken a strike vote and their contract expires on September 12. AND OF COURSE this will affect the Lansing Delta Plant :eek:hno: :sosad:

We have our fingers crossed that our Enclave is built and in transit by that time!!

The article about the contract talks didn't sound promising either......... :eek:hno: :sosad: :sosad: :sosad:

GM can't catch a break! :eek:hno:

·
Registered
180 Posts
juglake said:

Oww, dang! I hope you get your vehicle, muy pronto!

·
Registered
122 Posts
The UAW rank and file would be complete fools to call for a strike at the LDT. From what I have heard that the UAW members know what the score is and how their actions would hurt them and GM. The workers realize that their jobs could be severely jeopardized if they go on strike.
The automobile market today is tough market.. there is plenty of competition and capacity from other manufactures to build vehicles for consumers.

I'm glad that my vehicle was built before the 3-rd shift has started up. I do not want a bleary-eyed :confused: people building my car, no offense. I have worked nights and have seen and made simple mistakes due to tiredness and fighting my body wanting to sleep.. They also service most aircraft at night as well makes you think. :eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
FWIW it sounds like the UAW is really targeting Ford & Chrysler, which means that GM workers would likely not strike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts