EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know this already. Per my dealer, you cannot get the Conquest rebate ($500) if you plan to use the GM supplier discount. I found out about this at the last minute when I picked up my Enclave. The dealer said there was no way to know this until he enters the vin #. Whatever! I was so mad about this. He was able to re-crunch the numbers and give me $200 + a free oil change, but I almost didn't take it home.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Flipsonic said:
Some of you may know this already. Per my dealer, you cannot get the Conquest rebate ($500) if you plan to use the GM supplier discount. I found out about this at the last minute when I picked up my Enclave. The dealer said there was no way to know this until he enters the vin #. Whatever! I was so mad about this. He was able to re-crunch the numbers and give me $200 + a free oil change, but I almost didn't take it home.
How about the $500 bonus cash that started 1/3? Did he take that? I assume that is good even with the GM supplier price but not sure.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The $500 cash back is good with the GM discount. Anyway, the GM supplier discount is supposed to be a no haggle approach. You get an authorization code and you give that to a participating dealer. That is...if the dealer honors it. Most dealers I talked to gave me the speach about "this car is hot and they can sell it for above MSRP". Are people actually paying the mark up? God I hope not.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to use the GM supplier discount as well. But I had to talk to three dealers before I found one that would honor it. He is 80 miles away. I would've liked to get the extra $1k off (conquest and cash back). But I only got the $500 cash back. I guess it's better than nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts