EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anywone know if water leaks in the sunroof or skylight are covered under this protection plan?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
According to the GMPP site, it is not covered. . . http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/majorguard.html

Non-Covered Parts:

Sheet metal
Body parts, panels and rails
Bumpers
Chassis frame
Cross members
Hinges
Trim, moldings, and bright metal
Paint
Rust damage
Convertible and vinyl tops
Weather-strips
Carpet and upholstery

Exhaust component and catalytic converter
Tires
Glass
Lenses
Sealed Beams
Light Bulbs
Batteries
Brake drums
Shock absorbers
Squeaks , rattles, wind noise and odors
Correction of air and water leaks

But, I'd still check to be sure.

. . Falcon

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I was hopeful that Falcon was mistaken until I read the final exception that he listed. :sosad: Regardless, I would take Falcon's advice, and I would check with the issuer anyway. One never knows. ;)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
It has been noted on the other board water leaks/sunroof/moonroof's issues are not covered under purchased extended protection plan. I believe someone on the Acadia board found out after the fact when his started leaking.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the rear skylight have a drain tube associated with it or only a gasket/seal?

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
dzs3fz said:
Does the rear skylight have a drain tube associated with it or only a gasket/seal?
There are drain lines running down through the front (A), middle (B) and I believe rear (C) pillars. Both of the sky lights drain into a type of pan, drainage area running along the top edge of the headliner. This is where the drain lines run along the sides of the roof where the water is suppose to then drain down into these lines.

If you are having a problem with the rear sky light there could be a problem with the seal/gasket around it or the drain line is plugged up.

If you are out of warranty you could possibly drop the headliner yourself and check the drain lines for kinks/holes or being plugged up.

Not sure how you can do this although there is a member or two who have done this.

Good luck because I dealt with this issue repeatedly the last year I owned the 07 Outlook. Now...the 11 Enclave....no skylights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
sailfish
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing