EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one really tics me off...My youngest sons' employer offers a GM Supplier Discount of $2,000 off the MSRP on the Enclave. The dealer where I ordered my car from says they do not honor that discount because they are only being allocated 60 cars for the year and don't want to loose that money. It was my understanding that they (the dealer) would be reimbursed by GM...they say they aren't. What goes here? :angryfire:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
My understanding is that they do get reimbursed. However is may take several months, possibly as much as eight. Several of us have been there. For myself finding another dealer took care of getting the discount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
My dealer is about a mile from a GM stamping and metal fabrication plant, so they're used to seeing lots of GM employee discounts - I had no problem with my Supplier pricing, and my dealer traded for a car 125 miles away to get the one I wanted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
If the discount is important to you, go somewhere else. You will find a dealer that will honor the discount. If the discount is not important to you, then just buy the car from the dealer, unless they ticked :angryfire: you off already.
;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
My dealer set the whole thing up for me for supplier discount. All I did was show him a pay stub I downloaded from my employee web site. I'd tell that dealer to take a hike and find another one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
My dealer whined about it, but accepted the pricing anyway. They did ask me to wait 3 months for an allocation. If your dealer is not working with you, they are working against you, go somewhere else! Somewhere else on this board someone posted about a large dealer in another state that would do really good pricing and have it delivered to your local dealer to boot... wouldn't that piss em off....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Enclave4Me said:
My dealer whined about it, but accepted the pricing anyway. They did ask me to wait 3 months for an allocation. If your dealer is not working with you, they are working against you, go somewhere else! Somewhere else on this board someone posted about a large dealer in another state that would do really good pricing and have it delivered to your local dealer to boot... wouldn't that piss em off....
Very true. Aside from lacking the easy trade-off, in this day and age, there are more and more dealers who love to deal with people from both local and afar, have great set prices all the time, and can either ship or have your custom ordered vehicle dropped at a dealer near you--there's always someone else to go to, basically.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
KCorey said:
This one really tics me off...My youngest sons' employer offers a GM Supplier Discount of $2,000 off the MSRP on the Enclave. The dealer where I ordered my car from says they do not honor that discount because they are only being allocated 60 cars for the year and don't want to loose that money. It was my understanding that they (the dealer) would be reimbursed by GM...they say they aren't. What goes here? :angryfire:
Yeah, i would really feel sorry for them. I don't know about you, but I have never heard of an owner of a car dealership living check to check or worrying about putting food on the table. Go somewhere else for sure :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
There is a Buick Dealer 10 mins from my house literally, they would not take the employee discount. We went to another dealer 1.5 hours away. Placed the order early July, received it last weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
reg255 said:
There is a Buick Dealer 10 mins from my house literally, they would not take the employee discount. We went to another dealer 1.5 hours away. Placed the order early July, received it last weekend.
Congrats to you, but this is what I don't get. I ordered June 12th and am still waiting. Others have ordered in August and have thiers. I know about allotments etc, but could that really make 1-2 months difference? :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Thanks BSOX,

We happened to walk into the dealership when they were ordering the Enclave for their inventory, they switched it to reflect it as a sold. Don't know if that makes any difference.

Regards,
Reg
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top