EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone take a look at the following GM website and help me clarify some extremely vague language? http://www.gm.com/vc/lease07/

Scroll down to the 'Pull Ahead Offer Terms and Conditions' section. Here is a quote: "To qualify, customer must end current GMAC or SFSC contract with a scheduled end date/special prepayment date no later than March 31, 2008, return the current vehicle to a GM dealer, and purchase or lease an eligible new and unused 2006, 2007 or select 2008 GM Vehicle: Chevrolet, Pontiac (excluding Solstice), Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Saturn (excluding SKY), HUMMER (excluding H1), or Saab from participating dealer stock from April 4, 2007, through July 9, 2007. HUMMER H1, Pontiac Solstice, Saturn SKY, medium duty, used, and non-GM vehicles are excluded."

So what is a 'select' 2008 GM vehicle? There are only three available 2008's that I know of (Enclave, Malibu, and Vue), but I could be wrong. Does the Enclave qualify? Where can I get a definitive answer? Buick says "we're not sure, check with your dealer it could just be the 2008 Acadia" (there's 2008 Acadia's out there?), GMAC (using the contact # listed to call with questions about the offer) says it definately qualifies and have the salesperson contact the GM business center, one dealer says the Enclave qualifies, and another says it does not. Yes, I understand it's a new vehicle but then again they have many people working on this program. I expect their marketing to be a little better coordinated.

As an aside, I currently own a Buick. If you write a complaint letter you will get a pleasant call from an Indian fellow with a strangely American name. They can't do anything for you but they do apologize profusely and promise to 'pass my comments on to the higher-ups in Detroit'. How likely is that? My complaint was how my Buick broke down (under warranty) and left my wife and 2 year stranded on the side of the road and the one time she tried Onstar, it didn't work (equipment malfunction, not reception related).

Perhaps I should reconsider another Buick purchase, the experience thus far hasn't been good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tell your dealer to log onto DealerWorld and do a Brand Incentives Report, it is right there. In fact, give me your zip code and I'll get you the exact info.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much for looking into that and attaching the details! It ended up saving me $1,787.82! ($1,000 purchase assistance plus two lease payments).

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
klondike_kat said:
Thanks very much for looking into that and attaching the details! It ended up saving me $1,787.82! ($1,000 purchase assistance plus two lease payments).
that is awesome....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts