EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know we received our remote start keyfobs today from GM Accessories Store. Going to try to get to the dealer this week to have it programmed to work. I will update everyone on how this works out for those considering to do the same. By the way total drive out price from GM Accessories Store for the keyfobs was $181.67

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just in case you all are interested...I just picked up the ol' Enclave and she now has funtional factory remote start! My wife will be happy!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
so what I understand, you didn't order the Driver Confidence Package, and ordered Remote Start Key FOBs. Now you have a working remote start system? If thats the case, then it is pretty awesome :cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that is correct. Just ordered the key fobs online then had it programmed @ the dealer. Now we have a functional factory remote start. And it is pretty awesome. I was real excited about it and am surprised it took this long for someone to share in the excitement!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Are the fobs you got the two-way cool ones with LCD screen or the standard ones that come with vehicles equipped with remote start from the factory?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Darn it!!

Remote start was the only reason I went with the Drive conf package. When I posted this question before, I got the answer that the system is not built in, so I can't just get the remote start without the package.

I have Ent package #4 so backup sensors are not that useful, and can live without the heated winshield washer.

Oh well, at least I have the vehicle compared to others and I am enjoying every bit of it.

Goodluck with yours!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't think anyone has the ultra-new fobs with lcd screen. They may not ever be released at all. Who knows?
Oddly enough my wife said she didn't really see a need for the remote start in our situation. I thought for sure she'd want it. Anyway, it's nice to know that it can be added at any time though if we change our mind.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went out the the gmaccessoriesstore.com and did not see the FOB listed as one of the accessories for the 2008 Buick Enclave. They had 44 items listed, but not the FOB. I was considering getting package #3, which would have the backup camera and would not need the rear park assist feature. I would really like the remote start capability however.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Send a pm to jgentry to find where he got his. I am sure there has to be a way. What if you lose one, the dealer should be able to order it if you cant find it on the website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts