EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 10 years and 69,800 miles sold my Enclave. Since my wife started working from home it was hardly being driven and as it's age was advancing figured it was time to part with it. I still have a 2020 Santa Fe Limited but it does not compare with the Buick. Anyone looking to sell I have some advice. It had one accident and both Carvana and Kelly Blue Book were only offering around 7100. Decided to try the Buick dealer who serviced my car and got 10!! Car was in great condition in and out and I'm going to miss it. If I ever need a second car I think I'm going to lease.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S. The car went up for sale immediately for 13,099 dollars.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ouch ---low miles.
my 2010 is about to hit 164,000.
You still had a good 100,000 miles if its been well taken care of.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ouch ---low miles.
my 2010 is about to hit 164,000.
You still had a good 100,000 miles if its been well taken care of.
I know I know! Just didn’t make sense to keep it. Kids both graduated college. No more road trips with the four of us and luggage. No reason for 2 SUV’s so keeping the 2020 SantaFe. Buick only got 12 MPG compared to 19-20 in Hyundai. Next car may be the Audi A6 I always wanted but I’ll miss the Enclave for sure. Best car I ever owned. Actually got a little emotional when I drove away from it in the Buick dealers lot. Thanks for all your help and advice the last 10 years

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
818 Posts
The E should get better than 12MPG, I average 18 combined and can get 24 highway.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The E should get better than 12MPG, I average 18 combined and can get 24 highway.
Not mine. Sticker list 16 MPG city but never came close to that. Maybe your years engine had some gas mileage improvements. I drove normal, not aggressive. If AC was on sometimes 11.5 but on highway doing steady 75 with 3 people and luggage I would get 21-22 MPG

·
Registered
84 Posts
I drove very aggressively in mine when I had it, and was averaging 18 MPG, and that was about 75/25 city/hwy. (13L/100km) I don't see 4WD VS FWD making that much of a difference! (Same 2011)
In fact, towing our trailer (10' Tent trailer) 8+ hours didn't even register a difference, likely due to 90% of that being highway. However, good trade in price! I think the new ask is steep though, but maybe that's just the difference with the borders... lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Used cars are in high demand right now which also influenced my selling it. Like I said I'll miss it but think I got a good deal on 10 thousand for it. It is in excellent shape so should make a great car for someone. What they are willing to pay I'm not sure. If I find out what it sells for I'll post it. Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I sold mine in March with 145,000kms (90K miles) for just over $7000 USD ($8500 CDN). CXL-1 with DVD and Tow, so a few less options (FWD), but no rust and very well maintained. Included Blizzaks on rims.... so $10K USD to a dealer was a great price IMO... I went back to a van, and miss a few features, but not enough to regret my decision. Biggest miss is the sunroof and the power hatch. The Sienna is getting better mileage though, not that we travel much these days (Ontario is still in lockdown)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sold mine in March with 145,000kms (90K miles) for just over $7000 USD ($8500 CDN). CXL-1 with DVD and Tow, so a few less options (FWD), but no rust and very well maintained. Included Blizzaks on rims.... so $10K USD to a dealer was a great price IMO... I went back to a van, and miss a few features, but not enough to regret my decision. Biggest miss is the sunroof and the power hatch. The Sienna is getting better mileage though, not that we travel much these days (Ontario is still in lockdown)
Agree, I did get a fair (dare I say good) price!. My 2020 Santa Fe limited has all the bells and whistles the Enclave had but even more safety tech as it is 9 years newer. I love the adaptive cruise for long drives and and auto braking and lane change warning is great. What I do miss is the 288 HP and torque of the Buick’s 3.8. The Santa Fe compared is sluggish and with a full load is even worse. Maybe should have gotten the turbo?

·
Registered
Buick, Enclave, 240,000 miles
2 Posts
Agree, I did get a fair (dare I say good) price!. My 2020 Santa Fe limited has all the bells and whistles the Enclave had but even more safety tech as it is 9 years newer. I love the adaptive cruise for long drives and and auto braking and lane change warning is great. What I do miss is the 288 HP and torque of the Buick’s 3.8. The Santa Fe compared is sluggish and with a full load is even worse. Maybe should have gotten the turbo?
I also have a 2011 Enclave. This is the third year in a row ( 2019, 2020 & 2021) that my AC has stopped working! Overall my AC has been a troublesome element of owning an Enclave. I'm close to selling/trading my Enclave due to this repeated problem with no warranty or extended warranty available at 240,000 miles. Is this a common problem with your Enclaves?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also have a 2011 Enclave. This is the third year in a row ( 2019, 2020 & 2021) that my AC has stopped working! Overall my AC has been a troublesome element of owning an Enclave. I'm close to selling/trading my Enclave due to this repeated problem with no warranty or extended warranty available at 240,000 miles. Is this a common problem with your Enclaves?
I had to change 3 actuators, the same one twice in a 10 year period. I had the condenser replaced at about 60000 miles but I think the dealer misdiagnosed an actuator problem. That’s the only problems I had. Worked great in front and back up yo my trade in at just under 70000 miles.

·
Registered
84 Posts
In the 2 years I owned mine I had to replace the AC High Pressure line, Low pressure line, and compressor. I also replaced the Condenser, but the deer might have had something to do with that.... It was blowing cold when I sold it, but I was very frustrated with the AC system by that point, and one of the main reasons for selling. My 2007 CX-9 had 273,000kms on it when I sold it, never had to touch the AC system in that one. The hardest was the low side line, it was a slow seep through the rubber part of the line, no dye detected. Soapy water showed the leak, bubbles galore. Fixed it, a month later the compressor went... that was the final straw....
Driving a Sienna now, only thing I miss with the Buick is the moonroof.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
its interesting- how some have issues with 1 item- like Kevcols all those parts for the AC.
im at 164,000- and to this day- it blows cold- and no issues with it.... knock on wood.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts