EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Enclave. I received a letter that the liftgate need to be reprogrammed. I had it reprogrammed when it was in there for service a few weeks ago. The reprogramming caused the power liftgate to not open AT ALL. I can switch off the liftgate on the dash and with work manually. I call the dealership and they say 1 out of 5 needs to have the liftgate struts replaced. Fine, I bring it in AGAIN today. They replace the liftgate struts. It doesn't work. The liftgate is now registering three error codes.

Any additional repairs and parts will have to come out of my pocket. It could be the switch on the liftgate, the latch, or the switch on the dash....or all three that needs to be repaired. This doesn't seem right. Liftgate was working fine (and has No error codes), I bring in for recall, now it doesn't work. I understand the dealerships position...only reprogramming and struts are covered under recall. I call Buick. They seem interested in helping and tell me they will work towards a resolution. I get a call back from the dealership this afternoon. Buick's resolution is for me to pay for the rest of the repairs myself. Thanks for nothing Buick. I have owned over 20 GM autos in my lifetime....time for me to move on. This 2008 Enclave has been a disaster and GM's response to the issues has been awful. Anyone else experience any issues after the liftgate recall?

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Sorry to hear this issue you are having with the liftgate. I'd be p.o.'d if this happened to me. I refuse taking my "Cherry-Ot" in for the reprogramming. I have already replaced the struts on my own, and the license plate shroud exterior touchpad due to it failing. I would call Buick in Detroit or Lansing and totally go off on this sort of treatment after what they thought would solve an issue, but has totally created another bigger issue, until I got an answer that totally fixed this properly and NOT out of my pocket!

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's funny. I have this exact same problem now after the recall fix!!! I'm going to contact the dealer and have them fix it since they are the last ones to touch it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Great . I am bringing mine in this morning for the very same recall. I figured that they would have it ironed out by now, they keep sending me notices to have it done. Should I do it ?
I had it done, so far so good. I had replaced the struts a couple years ago, they put new ones in today as well.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
electbc said:
Great . I am bringing mine in this morning for the very same recall. I figured that they would have it ironed out by now, they keep sending me notices to have it done. Should I do it ?
I had it done, so far so good. I had replaced the struts a couple years ago, they put new ones in today as well.
Well... ???

·
Registered
83 Posts
we have a 2008 got the recall card in mail about 1 week later got a card nvm it was sent in error repair was already done

I need a airbag recall , check air bag has been on for 6 months

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
electbc said:
Well What? So far so good, I put it through the motions before I left the dealer. So Far So Good.
****! Somehow I missed that you tested it. :facepalm: I'm glad that it seems fine. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts