EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to understand the Sunroof and Chrome Wheel Package to get the $1000 MSRP discount is quite a challenge. I wonder if the dealers are knowledgeable.

To get the FTC package including C3U and P65 use RPO code PCX, if residing (buyer or dealer?) in FL, TX or CA.

To get either C3U or P65 only use RPO code R6Q, and C3U or P65, if residing in FL, TX or CA.

To get the FTC package residing in any of the other 47 states, use RPO code R7C.

I guess, to get either C3U or P65 only and you reside in any of the other 47 states you use the RPO codes C3U or P65 as stand alone.

SEEMS CLEAR TO ME! :confused: :help:

Wayne

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
At the end of the day I think that the ordering system will give you the package discount if available, and will not if it is not available in your area.

Of course, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
enclave4her said:
Seeing the ordering system live I concur with Zman response.
I was posting with a little 'tongue in cheek', but does that mean the FTC Chrome Package discount was not available to you in Ohio even with the R7C override?
What is Buick thinking?

Wayne

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
sunshadw said:
I was posting with a little 'tongue in cheek', but does that mean the FTC Chrome Package discount was not available to you in Ohio even with the R7C override?
What is Buick thinking?

Wayne
WITH ALL THE SNOW THEY PROBABLY ASSUMED MOST PEOPLE IN YOUR AREAS WOULD NOT PURCHASE THE SUNROOF PACKAGE AND WOULD PROBABLY WANT SPECIAL TIRES. IN FL/CA WE DONT HAVE THAT PROBLEM.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The way it was explained to me is that Buick has designated those states as initial target markets for the Enclave, where they really want to make headway. My guess is that it is probably due to previously weak sales in those areas. The rest of us apparently can do without a discount for a while.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
:eek:fftopic: sorry this is sorta off topic! ok my parents havent had a vehicle with a sunroof since before i was born, if they even ever did, anywase i was wondering that after it rains does any water stay on the sunroof? like because of a seal on the edge or something.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Both of cars have sun roofs with wind deflector, due to that there is some water left. But due to the slope towards the front water normally drains out from a little cavity they purposely made or when I drive.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have owned GM vehicles with sunroofs that has holes and tubes that runs down thru the body of the vehicle...thus, the rain drains.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
ok thanks, i had no idea!?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
ok thanks, i had no idea!?
i have never had a prob w/sunroofs.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back on the FTC package info. I still am unclear, and maybe those of you who have had conversations/orders with a dealer could answer some questions.

It was stated that the MSRP package discount is $1000. Does that carry over to the invoice like all other options at 83%? Therfore, the invoice would be reduced by $830. If Buick is just reducing MSRP, it is kind of meaningless.

Has anybody in a "select adjacent area", wherever they are, been successful in ordering the package?

Has anybody in one of other states tried to get the package using the (R7C) 'Residency Based Restriction Override'?

Thanks,
Wayne

1 - 13 of 13 Posts