EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday on our way to Ventura County we drove through the windy area between the San Fernando Valley and Simi Valley which is notorious for high winds and the cause of much of the fires in So. California this past year.

The devastatingly handsome stud muffin, TechnoMarvel, was driving and I will rely on his expert reporting. He said the Enclave held the road very well and was no problem to keep in the driving lane with the 60-70 mile an hour gusts. I haven't felt such strong winds like this for many, many years. We are, indeed, fortunate that no fires started in this wind. They would have been uncontainable.

So, in conclusion, the aerodynamics of the Enclave pass this test with flying colors. :cheers:

Gramma

·
Registered
69 Posts
I drove through some 50-60 MPH gusts the other day as well, when crossing the desert valley. The Enclave road steady like a tank. It's nearly as heavy thats for sure. ;)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
That's why "Sapphires" nickname is "Two-Ton-Tank"...[/color] :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
techno said:
I drove through some 50-60 MPH gusts the other day as well, when crossing the desert valley. The Enclave road steady like a tank. It's nearly as heavy thats for sure. ;)
I agree on the handling, but did you happen to notice any wind noise behind the driver with cross winds? Mine does. Head or tail winds are silent. Doors seem to be aligned and the seals look robust.
Good thing it only blows twice out here. From the South all Summer and from the North all Winter. :D

Wayne

·
Registered
69 Posts
sunshadw said:
I agree on the handling, but did you happen to notice any wind noise behind the driver with cross winds? Mine does. Head or tail winds are silent. Doors seem to be aligned and the seals look robust.
Good thing it only blows twice out here. From the South all Summer and from the North all Winter. :D

Wayne
There is some sound when a 60MPG gust hits you, but nothing constant or annoying.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well, I've crossed the Verrazano Narrows bridge here in New York City with gusts over 60 mph and steady winds ovr 50 mph, and my Enclave was steady as a rock...and no wind whistles either.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Totally agree with this post. In CA we had some horrendous winds on Friday and the Enclave was barely shaken. What a difference than being in a compact SUV and feeling like a rag doll being man handled. Although there are a some things I would like change about this care, the good far outweighs the bad. ;D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was the passenger in the winds, but the only noise I heard was the gust hitting the outside of the car.

I will be traveling to Mohave Valley in the future as one of our family members is building a home there. Haven't been in that area since 1983. I guess things have changed alot.

·
Registered
214 Posts
htrdgrma said:
I was the passenger in the winds, but the only noise I heard was the gust hitting the outside of the car.

I will be traveling to Mohave Valley in the future as one of our family members is building a home there. Haven't been in that area since 1983. I guess things have changed alot.
I'll look for your vehicle. The Blue-Gold Enclave that I originaly ordered at the Needles dealership has been sold, but I haven't seen it (or any other) on the road.
It seems as if everyone over here, me included, has migrated from CA. :welcome:

Wayne

1 - 10 of 10 Posts