EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2016 leather fwd this thing rides hard for a buick, we haven't had a lot of buick's only 7 . Now we have been totally happy with all of them,the oem tires seem to ride hard,lowered them to 30 psi and it feels a lot more like a buick, BUT calls for 35 psi am i being over critical or are they just harder riding because it is an suv. so many reviews have said it is smooth riding---- compared to what? just wondering

·
Registered
131 Posts
when I first got my Enclave it road like a log wagon and kind of bounced when at high speed and I hit any sort of bump or dip. now I took it to the dealer for something else and mentioned it. They did a test that measures the force the tire puts out as it rotates and found mine considerably out of spec. So I replaced tires and it changed the ride completely to the smooth caddy ride I'd expect with Buick.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
if your tires are old--- it can lead to the rough feel.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Okay, two things:

1. I also have a 2016 with the 19" tires, and I traded in my 2009 Enclave for it. My immediate impression upon getting the 2016 was that the 2016 rode noticeably harder than the 2009. The 2009 seemed to glide more easily over bumps and holes in the road.

2. With respect to tire pressure, I also had to lower my tire pressure to ~30 psi with my 2016. With that pressure, the ride is more acceptable and it does not seem to make any observable difference in fuel economy.

Now, tires do make a big difference in ride quality. The best riding and quietest tires I've found for the Enclave are the Bridgestone Dueler Ecopia 422. The rubber compound on these tires is softer and more pliable that what you will get with Michelin tires. My 2016 has the Michelin Lattitude Tour tires on it, which I believe does contribute to some extent to the harder ride I noticed compared to my 2009 Enclave. I am about to have to replace these tires, and plan to get a set of the Ecopias.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have a 2016 leather fwd this thing rides hard for a buick, we haven't had a lot of buick's only 7 . Now we have been totally happy with all of them,the oem tires seem to ride hard,lowered them to 30 psi and it feels a lot more like a buick, BUT calls for 35 psi am i being over critical or are they just harder riding because it is an suv. so many reviews have said it is smooth riding---- compared to what? just wondering
We got the same 2016 about 6 mo. ago replacing a 2008 Lucerne CXL. My wife says they ride about the same. Of course she has always had cars with the sports suspension or handeling package. It has 28K so the tires are original.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Did you buy this new or used??? If used, I would be curious if the previous owner had replaced the shocks and struts with after market causing a difference in ride quality.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Did you buy this new or used??? If used, I would be curious if the previous owner had replaced the shocks and struts with after market causing a difference in ride quality.

Yup!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts