EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Is it just me or do the rest of you have a hard time judging where the front end is (because of the slope in the hood) every time I think I am really close to something I get out and I am like 2 feet away from it...... **** I need the camera up front more than I need it in the rear...... or is this something you just get use too?...... it kind of reminds me when my Dad's aunt's used to have a 1950 Cadillac Fleet wood (Big Gunboat) one of them always had to get out to tell the other how close they were to something....they usually hit it anyhow but at least they made an effort...... any thoughts?
Best
Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Honda Odyssey Touring has front sensors. Almost worthless. Wife still hits things with it. I send you the body shop bills to prove it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Like any other vehicle, you'll get used to the geometry after a while. My wife still cringes when I pull into the garage, thinking I'm going to ram the front end into the wall, but I know how much room I have. It kinda reminds me of docking a large boat when pulling into a tight space. Bow thrusters would be nice. I really do love my Enclave!!! ;D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Jacko,
That gives me an Idea "Dock Bumpers" maybe your on to something I could just hang them off the front bumper..... He He just kiding.
Rob

·
Registered
525 Posts
I like that idea!! We could also hang a few old tires over the sides for protection in the Mall parking lot!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
rjdriver said:
Hey All,
Is it just me or do the rest of you have a hard time judging where the front end is (because of the slope in the hood) every time I think I am really close to something I get out and I am like 2 feet away from it...... **** I need the camera up front more than I need it in the rear...... or is this something you just get use too?...... it kind of reminds me when my Dad's aunt's used to have a 1950 Cadillac Fleet wood (Big Gunboat) one of them always had to get out to tell the other how close they were to something....they usually hit it anyhow but at least they made an effort...... any thoughts?
Best
Rob
My wife has same prob. I took 2 tall rubber garbage pails and let her go back and forth in driveway for 15 minutes, judging her distance to impact. Problem over! :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts