EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Has your Enclave suffered a broken wave plate?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am sorry to read about your Enclave's transmission failure. It sounds like the 3-5-R wave plate to me. I am not sure about towing, but I doubt that it would be any different with a broken wave plate. :shrug:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have noticed that there hasn't been any activity in this poll for about 6 months. Also, I have not read many accounts or wave plate failures in recent months. Hopefully this is a sign that the many of the lambdas equipped with the defective wave plates have already experienced wave plate failure, and that most of us are in the clear at this point. As a 2008 Enclave owner, I am keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
+1 !!!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Based on Falcon's recent assertion that it is expected that 95% of all 2007- early 2009 lambda wave plates will fail prematurely, it seems that most owners of lambdas in that production range can anticipate premature wave plate failure eventually. Please keep voting in this and related wave plate failure polls to help support or disprove (that would be nice as a 2008 Enclave owner) his claim and to better establish our risk of experiencing the dreaded catastrophic wave plate breakdown. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Re: gucci man#888

assonitab said:
This article is a great help to me! Thank you!
PSSSTTTT....your posts have been reported!!!!! You cannot SELL YOUR JUNK on our forum.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Thanks Sailfish.....always appreciated.
All cleaned up, but let us know if you see more!

MRB

·
Registered
73 Posts
Interesting poll, first I have heard of this. I do not have this problem... yet. Only have 32,000 miles so not enough it seems to get to that problem. Might be awhile before get enough to see this outcome. Hopefully, don't experience yet. Thanks for the notification this may be an issue.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
For those new to the forum, and for those who've recently reported wave plate trouble, please cast your vote in this 3 part poll. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
AcuraT said:
Interesting poll, first I have heard of this. I do not have this problem... yet. Only have 32,000 miles so not enough it seems to get to that problem. Might be awhile before get enough to see this outcome. Hopefully, don't experience yet. Thanks for the notification this may be an issue.
The wave plate problem is largely limited to the 2008 models. You are probably safe...

·
Registered
111 Posts
So sad to report this hit me this morning. I have an '08 with 67,667mi. I had been having some slipping between 3rd and 4th gear for a few days and I made an appt at 7am this morning to take her in. We were driving back from the beach and thank goodness she made it back to the city. But, as soon as I came to a stop it was over. Limped for a few miles, in manual transmission, so I could get my husband to work. Had to call for a tow after the whole car shook when I put her in gear. >:D

The dealership has been awesome (perhaps it is because I made it known today is my 13th wedding anniversary). They just called a few minutes ago to say it was a broken wave plate washer. My warranty expired in April, but because I have been so loyal to the dealership for all my services, they are going to cover it under warranty with a $300 deductible ($100 for each month outside warranty). I was so overwhelmed with joy I cried! Now that I am on the forum I can understand better why they are so nice - sounds like this is an ugly subject for such a beautiful car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you all could say some prayers or send good thoughts or whatever you do for fun ... I would certainly appreciate it. I might be the next waveplate or transmission victim. I have a 2008 Enclave with 94,400 miles. My sweet car is in the service department now and I'm waiting on a call for the diagnosis.

·
Registered
5 Posts
AAAAARGH! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

So angry. 2009 CXL. Around 70,000 miles. Transmission failure just two months after drivetrain warranty expired (which I though was a 7 year, 100,000 mile).

How can GM not have a recall?

How have folks handled getting GM to pay for the repairs if the car is out of warranty? Transmissions should not fail this early, especially the way my wife drives the vehicle.

·
Registered
717 Posts
enclavius said:
AAAAARGH! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

So angry. 2009 CXL. Around 70,000 miles. Transmission failure just two months after drivetrain warranty expired (which I though was a 7 year, 100,000 mile).

How can GM not have a recall?

How have folks handled getting GM to pay for the repairs if the car is out of warranty? Transmissions should not fail this early, especially the way my wife drives the vehicle.
Take it to a Buick dealer and have them officially diagnose the problem. Once that is done you can request GM assistance for the repair.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Though it has become pretty obvious that the 2008 and 2009 Enclaves are the most likely to suffer a wave plate failure due to faulty parts, please take a moment to place your vote here and for the second and third parts of this poll survey. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
my '09 cx awd with just over 74000 miles runs great. no wave plate failure, yet, touch wood. and the vehicle history shows no repairs just services.
i was looking for a link to direct voters with no wave plate failures but couldnt find one. it would be interesting to find out how many of each year model voters has not had wave plate failures. so far, 12 people have reported having failures with '09 models, what if 48 people with '09 models voted, only 12 voted yes, that would indicate a 25% trend of '09 failures.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The more votes placed, the more representative the poll results become. A wishful assumption is that lots of members have ignored this poll because their plates haven't failed, which would suggest a fairly small percentage of plates actually fail. It's hard to know with such a small sample size from such a large membership base. It would be great if many many more members would place their votes.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts