EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the hazard flasher button on my 2011 Buick Enclave supposed to be illuminated when the headlights are on? I would think it is and WAS but I noticed tonight I needed to use the flashers and it wasn't illuminated. If it is supposed to be illuminated is there a fix? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also if the swith needs to be replaced can anyone give me the exact GM parts # and place to order it. Thanks. Looks like a fairly easy job to replace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,902 Posts
Gmpartsdirect.com cheapest price i could find at $12.66. part number is 20929341.
My 08 is illuminated. So I would suspect your 11 should be as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks cfedor. You always seem to have my answers. Guess I'll order one and replace it. Thanks. I knew it didn't seem right when I couldn't find it at night with my headlights on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
cfedor said:
Gmpartsdirect.com cheapest price i could find at $12.66. part number is 20929341.
My 08 is illuminated. So I would suspect your 11 should be as well.
That part only shows it fits the Enclave back to 2009 and the Acadia back to 2010. Maybe the feature with a lit background was removed after 2008 on the Enclave? Don't forget that over the model years, different items were removed with each new model year vehicle. The over head Homelink buttons used to be lit on the earlier models, and then the lights were removed on later models. Many other examples can be found.

I would remove the switch from the 2011 in question and see if there are lights behind it, or if there is a part number on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,454 Posts
my 2010 Traverse is illuminated..


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
Just went outside and checked my 2015 Traverse. The hazard button does light up in red as shown in rbarrios' picture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,902 Posts
JACKIETOOLS said:
Thanks cfedor. You always seem to have my answers. Guess I'll order one and replace it. Thanks. I knew it didn't seem right when I couldn't find it at night with my headlights on!
Your welcome, jackietools. I try. Here is another thread that rbarrios and I had commented on before. Also has pics.
[url]http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=27002.0 [/url]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
20929341 is the correct part. I checked it on Gm parts direct. It is good for 2011 Enclave, found it on Ebay for 19.00 dollars with shipping. Thanks to all for your help. Hopefully I get it soon and Ill let you guys know how I make out. Merry X-mas. Happy Holidays!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Jackie,
I put in that write up some time back with exactly the same thing. Glad it was helpful to you.
Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes thanks. One last thing. Any advice on removing the plastic dash cover without damaging it? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,902 Posts
Start at the bottom right or left. You should be able to just pry it off with your fingers. It is just held in with 4 trim type retainers to the console stack. If fingers won't work, use a plastic putty knife to at least start one corner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all. Part came from Ebay and I just replaced the old one. Now it lights up withe headlights :thumb:. Word of advise. I did not disconnect all the AC harnesses from the plastic shroud so made it a little hard to pop the old switch out . May be easier if you remove all the harnesses so you can remove the whole shroud out and make it easier to pry the plastic retainer clips for the button so it pops right out. I struggled for 10 minutes to get it out with the harnesses still attached.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,902 Posts
JACKIETOOLS said:
Thanks to all. Part came from Ebay and I just replaced the old one. Now it lights up withe headlights :thumb:. Word of advise. I did not disconnect all the AC harnesses from the plastic shroud so made it a little hard to pop the old switch out . May be easier if you remove all the harnesses so you can remove the whole shroud out and make it easier to pry the plastic retainer clips for the button so it pops right out. I struggled for 10 minutes to get it out with the harnesses still attached.
Yay! Glad it worked out for you JACKIETOOLS.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
GoldEnclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top