EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2012 Enclave with 160k miles on it. Over the last 10k or so I've had a plethora of issues that I've had to deal with. A few days ago all of the lights in my left headlamps assembly - headlamp, running light, high beam, began to flicker (well not the high beam at the same time as the headlamp), and then go out. It seems like a fuse/short issue, but from what I've read, there are separate fuses for the headlamp and the high beam bulbs. Also, sometimes after starting the car at night, it flickers for a few seconds, with what appears to be lower power/brightness, then goes out.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
331 Posts
What other issues have you had? Electrical?
One thing that you could look for is the ground for the left side headlamp assembly, that is common to all the lights on the left, at least on the 2008-2010s. I can't post the wiring diagram 2008-2010, but I may be able to send it to you .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine coil went out - P402 code I think. The dealer charged me somewhere in the $250 ballpark so I purchased 5 coils from Amazon for about $100 and replaced the front three and their associated spark plugs in about 20 minutes. I still have to do #3 and 5, but they will be a bit harder as they are at the rear of the engine.

I've had several rear bulbs go out - replaced those myself. Have had the drivers seat heat element go out, the a/c console go out (due to spilled soda), the rear wiper - had to replace the fuse on that, the antenna on the rear roof leaked so had a nice wet interior roof. That was due to going through the cash wash over 4 or 5 years. Sway bar links, front right tie rod, right side cam cover leak, Evap purge solenoid (should have done that myself), and of course all the regular expected stuff: brakes, rotors, calipers needed unstuck. It feels like the engineers designed it so that right around 140 to 160k miles everything would just start failing. Other than that, its a great car. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
DJMcSlick
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing