EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 AWD Enclave

Driver side headlights (low and high) just went out. Called Autozone and they said the Sylvania HID replacement xenon was $149. If tinted blue, then $180.

Has anyone bought the lower cost ones on Amazon (or elsewhere)? Can you recommend one? Do they have to be replaced in pairs?

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just replaced both of my headlights due to my passenger light being out. Seemed daunting at first since you have to take off the wheels and splash guards to get to the bulb. But there’s a video on YouTube that shows pretty good details on how to do it. HID should always be replaced in pairs. The correct bulb for a 2013 is a D3S. I bought the ones from the link in the second comment. They’re actually cheaper now then when I bought a month ago (I paid 72.01 each). There are cheaper bulbs out there but to be assured I got a quality product I bought the ones sold and shipped by amazon.

Also remember blue light does not equal brighter light! Just because something is bluer does not mean you can see further! A nice bright white light is best. Another reason I bought the ones in the above link. They’re 4300K and are very bright.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hidconcepts.com
I just ordered a row pack of Sylvania d3s for $102, the have a 15% labor day sale on now so order a pair so you don't have to pay local prices when you need one in a hurry.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yes they should be replaced in pairs. I usually keep the non burned out one as a spare in the vehicle just in case.
You should go with a name brand, the cheap ones do not last, you get what you pay for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
electbc
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing