EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If the temp is at a certain degree then the seats will automaticlly come on when you remote start it. I believe

·
Registered
222 Posts
I can confirm 100% that they do come on when the temps are lower. It was ~45 degrees this morning and the seats were on when I got in. It also turns on the heat/fans as well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's great news, but I hope it's a long time before I can test it - long may the mild spell continue ;D

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
muljo said:
I can confirm 100% that they do come on when the temps are lower. It was ~45 degrees this morning and the seats were on when I got in. It also turns on the heat/fans as well.
Cool! I didn't know that. Did you have the defrost/heat on already?? Gotta try this!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Cool! I didn't know that. Did you have the defrost/heat on already?? Gotta try this!
I have an Acadia rather than an Enclave, but the function should be the same. Depending
on how low the outside temp is, when you remote start, either the heater or defroster will
turn on. If its cold enough, I'm not sure the exact temps where it kicks in, the heated seats,
both driver and passenger, will turn on. Once you get in and turn the key to run, it turns the
heated seats off and the climate control system reverts back to the settings that were set
when the vehicle was shut off. All this requires the auto climate control, but if I remember
correctly, the auto climate control is standard on the Enclave.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
No, it adjusts the heat/defrost/fan based on the temperatures and when I put the key in it reverts back to what I had last set.

Very Nice feature as I always tend to forget to set the defrost/heat the night before.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
PS.........yes, nice feature! Did you know that if you Remote Start 2X in a row, it will run for 20 minutes instead of normal 10 ???? handy for those really frosty days!!! I you do it 5 minutes into the Remote Start, it will run 10 extra mintes from there., (15 total) Gotta check if the rear defroster comes on also? IF it DOES....the heated outside mirrors should defrost also. This I'm liking! Anybody know? Or I'll find out in 2-3 weeks up here in NY!!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
What I like about the heated seats is we have three temps, lo-med-hi, which I didn't have in my Rendezvous. Only had HIGH...a high HIGH. Plus in the Enclave you can heat the back or the bottom. I am in l♥ve!!!!![/color] :love:

·
Registered
116 Posts
42 degrees remote start this morning, toasty bottom for me - it works indeed :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I don't drive my "Ruby" if it is too chilly, she might catch a cold. ;D

HAHAHAHA 8)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Reading about all you guys who need heated seats really makes me appreciate where I live. I had a car with heated seats for 3 years and never used them. We have them in The Enclave, but it seems a waste. I am glad you are enjoying them though!

Now, maybe if the vibrated?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
7/24soccer,
We may need the heated seats, but we don't have earthquakes, mudslides, or wildfires.
I hope all is well with you in your area, what a tragedy with the fires.

G

·
WOW, heated seats are a waste here too, it can get cold (65) but not cold enough to use heat, i think here its do you want ac or windows, we dont get mud slides, earth quakes, or whild fires, but we get hurricanes, now the last hurricane was isabel, and that was only a 1 when it hit us, it was nice to have 2 weeks that i didnt need to do anything other than figure out how to live off a 5000 watt generator.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I did make use of seat heat in the Summer too - if I get a sore back on long journeys, I pop it on then. It's great that you can split the heat into back only or back and bum, nice feature indeed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts