EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2010 Enclave and I love it. I've read the owner's manual but can't find the answer to why my heated seats shut off after a couple of minutes. Is this normal? No problem if it is...just curious.

·
Registered
703 Posts
They should not do that. Search the forum and you will find many users who have the same problem (including me :mad:). Unfortunately you need to have the dealer troubleshoot it since there are a few different things that cause it (bad heating element, bad fuse, bad resistor, etc).

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Nope, not normal for that to happen. My '08 "Cherry-Ot" seat heat stays on constantly.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Doesn't sound normal, as they seem to get uncomfortably warm and need to be shut off manually (I usually switch to the backrest only).

I know on a BMW, there is an order of shutting down "unnecessary" sources of current draw. I had a loaner and the heated wheel would not stay on.

At the time, I had the headlights, wipers, rear defrost, heated seats, and heated wheel on. The wheel kept shutting off.

Turns out their was a TSB to correct that with a firmware upload. Then again, it wasn't my car so I just went home and got my butler, and he had to drive me around, with a cold steering wheel, while I rode in the back....I love this country. :thumb:

·
Registered
592 Posts
cfedor said:
Nope, not normal for that to happen. My '08 "Cherry-Ot" seat heat stays on constantly.
Correct. Same thing with our 2010 CXL - it will stay on until it's unbearable....

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
john 070 said:
Doesn't sound normal, as they seem to get uncomfortably warm and need to be shut off manually (I usually switch to the backrest only).

I know on a BMW, there is an order of shutting down "unnecessary" sources of current draw. I had a loaner and the heated wheel would not stay on.

At the time, I had the headlights, wipers, rear defrost, heated seats, and heated wheel on. The wheel kept shutting off.

Turns out their was a TSB to correct that with a firmware upload. Then again, it wasn't my car so I just went home and got my butler, and he had to drive me around, with a cold steering wheel, while I rode in the back....I love this country. :thumb:
Butler ??? What the ??? :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a 2011 Enclave CXL-2 a few weeks ago and after only a few days found that the driver's seat heater would turn off after only a couple of minutes. The passenger seat heater worked fine - stayed on. Because I had only bought the car, the dealer agreed to fix the problem. They diagnosed it to be a faulty module? drawing too much resistance. They ordered the part and I took it back a couple days ago. The service rep said the technician thought they should also order the seat heater (wire mesh that goes under the seat cover) part as well in case it is not the module. So back again today. They replaced the heating element (mesh?) that goes under the leather seat cover, inside some foam, and may have alos replaced the module. I don't know since I didn't see the work order and was not invoiced. I now have a heated seat and the lights on the switch DO NOT go out after only a few minutes.

I'm pleased the dealer agreed to repair this at their cost after I had bought the car from them less than a week earlier. But, I wsa not pleased that it took 3 visits to the dealer to get this done. I have no idea what it would have cost me otherwise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2011 Enclave CXL-2 a few weeks ago and after only a few days found that the driver's seat heater would turn off after only a couple of minutes. The passenger seat heater worked fine - stayed on. Because I had only bought the car, the dealer agreed to fix the problem. They diagnosed it to be a faulty module? drawing too much resistance. They ordered the part and I took it back a couple days ago. The service rep said the technician thought they should also order the seat heater (wire mesh that goes under the seat cover) part as well in case it is not the module. So back again today. They replaced the heating element (mesh?) that goes under the leather seat cover, inside some foam, and may have alos replaced the module. I don't know since I didn't see the work order and was not invoiced. I now have a heated seat and the lights on the switch DO NOT go out after only a few minutes.

I'm pleased the dealer agreed to repair this at their cost after I had bought the car from them less than a week earlier. But, I wsa not pleased that it took 3 visits to the dealer to get this done. I have no idea what it would have cost me otherwise.
i just had my seat element (mesh) replaced under the seat leather, due to having some upholstery work done, and it worked all the way home, next day it did what you stated above. so guessing must be the module. uughghghggh. think that needs to be reprogrammed, might be $$$$$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts