EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys , Im wondering if anyone has been able to add a heated steering wheel to the 2008-2010 enclave models. I know its not an option and I ve seen a few steering wheel covers on amazon

I m just wondering if anyone here is using those covers and how well they work , or if there is another solutions

It is like -30 degrees C in toronto and the steering wheels gets really cold!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
The heated steering wheels work really well! Had one in a Yukon Denali and was great in the OH winters. Now in FL and never need it in our Acadia. I would think it could be made to work - especially if you can find a wiring diagram. Keep us posted if you add it.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Good luck rick10! Keep us posted as to "IF" you do this, or find out if anyone else - if they have had success having it done, please chime in.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
I'd love a heated steering wheel. I also miss the heated washer fluid feature that was removed due to a fire hazard recall several years ago. Rain sensing wipers would be great, too. Basically, I would really like to have a few very helpful bad weather features.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I'd love a heated steering wheel. I also miss the heated washer fluid feature that was removed due to a fire hazard recall several years ago. Rain sensing wipers would be great, too. Basically, I would really like to have a few very helpful bad weather features.
Oh how I would have loved to been able to test out the heated washer fluid. Mine had been TSB'd before I owned it.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
It was superb! It melted caked snow and thick layers of frozen rain from the windshield in seconds!

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
All standard on most vehicles today. :happy:

I am very curious who told designers to make the Enclave steering wheel skinny, like a 1970's car? I saw that the wheel on a SRX is normal, i.e. same as a BMW, thick and beefy, etc. Did GM target its market thinking that Enclave drivers would be a diferent segment, or were they trying to be retro, or what? Denali 2 generations ago was the same, so maybe just dated and there wasn't any thought process, like the LEDs on the side mirrors. It's in its 8th year of production with little changes, so the model is severely aging....

·
Registered
5,951 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
I've considered the aftermarket unit, too. But, I'm not sure investing in my 7.5 year Enclave makes much sense at this point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really miss the heated steering wheel in the CXS Lucerne I traded in for my Enclave. I don't like the "slippery in the summer" wood wheel either - therefore, I'd be happy if I could find someone to install a heated wheel in my car. I haven't asked at the dealer yet - maybe they COULD figure it out.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
chadmark88 said:
I really miss the heated steering wheel in the CXS Lucerne I traded in for my Enclave. I don't like the "slippery in the summer" wood wheel either - therefore, I'd be happy if I could find someone to install a heated wheel in my car. I haven't asked at the dealer yet - maybe they COULD figure it out.
Hey chadmark88,

If you’re looking to switch out your steering wheel, I would be more than happy to contact the dealership on your behalf to gather some information on possible options. Please send a PM my way and we can discuss further, if you are interested.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Buick Customer Care

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
This sounds interesting! Please keep the forum members updated with the options a dealer can provide.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Buick Customer Service said:
Hey chadmark88,

If you’re looking to switch out your steering wheel, I would be more than happy to contact the dealership on your behalf to gather some information on possible options. Please send a PM my way and we can discuss further, if you are interested.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Buick Customer Care
Thanks to Austin J, we found out that it can't be installed aftermarket.

·
Registered
556 Posts
we found out that it can't be installed aftermarket.
I would like to have this explained a bit more as I can't accept "can't".

Is it because.....
The dealer says it can't be done?
It is not economically feasible?
Is it labor intensive?
The owner isn't able and must have someone do it for him and "can't" find that mechanic?
The reason I ask is I have friend who is a professional street rod builder and says "Anything can be modified to fit anything!". His builds have heated wheels, heated and air conditioned seats with massaging lumbar systems (Cadillac parts), front and rear AC or basically any option you would find in a luxury car can be installed in a 32 Ford (his favorite).

Gm makes all these parts, its just a matter of assembling them and installing. Can't be done?? I don't believe it, but being not economically feasible would be acceptable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Blue Oval said:
I would like to have this explained a bit more as I can't accept "can't".

Is it because.....
The dealer says it can't be done?
It is not economically feasible?
Is it labor intensive?
The owner isn't able and must have someone do it for him and "can't" find that mechanic?
The reason I ask is I have friend who is a professional street rod builder and says "Anything can be modified to fit anything!". His builds have heated wheels, heated and air conditioned seats with massaging lumbar systems (Cadillac parts), front and rear AC or basically any option you would find in a luxury car can be installed in a 32 Ford (his favorite).

Gm makes all these parts, its just a matter of assembling them and installing. Can't be done?? I don't believe it, but being not economically feasible would be acceptable.
ALL of your " reasons " are the reason !!! I'm in the process of moving out of state right now, but when I get where I'm going, I'm going to find someone who can do it for me - you're right - ANYTHING can be done ( if you find the right person to do it !!! )

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was able to find an aftermarket GM heated steering wheel on eBay. Fits perfectly on my 2013 Enclave. You need to switch out the clockspring for one that has the heated terminal - works great! $215 and about 1.5 hours of labor if you know what you are doing.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
PANovota said:
I was able to find an aftermarket GM heated steering wheel on eBay. Fits perfectly on my 2013 Enclave. You need to switch out the clockspring for one that has the heated terminal - works great! $215 and about 1.5 hours of labor if you know what you are doing.
Thank you for the info! :thumb:

If my Enclave weren't already over 8 years old, I would consider installing a heated steering wheel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts