EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon. I decided to join this forum after a lengthly conversation with a local mechanic who was servicing my work car. We got to talking about SUV's and to my horor, he happened to bring up the Traverse and Enclave as some he wouldnt keep over 80k miles. He didnt say which models were the worst but he did say engine timing and transmission issues were common and he could almost guarantee issues after 80k miles. My wife has a 2014 Enclave with 100K miles on it. With that being said I thought I would ask the experts on here about the 2014 and its reliability. Should I trade it immediatly or keep it. Id like to get another 75k out of it but not if I have to spend 5 or 10 grand on repairs.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
2014s are fine.
the 2008-2009s had the timing chain and waveplate issue/

some 2010s are beginning to appear with timing chain issues as the miles add up.

But I think in the 2010 and up- if you monitor oil level (keep it up to the full mark)- you should not have timing chain issues.

On the trans- do a drain/refill. maybe 3 of them... if youve never serviced the fluid.

Id skip a trans FLUSH... as flushes with the chemical cleaning- tends to make things worse/

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just sold my 2008 Saturn Outlook with 211,000 miles, never had a timing chain issue. Waveplate, Power steering pump and rack, yes. Still running strong. I always used synthetic oil if that made a difference in the lubrication of the chain, I would guess yes.
I just purchased a 2015 CPO Enclave because I like these vehicles, hopefully I wont have any major repairs and can get 200k out of this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
electbc
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing