EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will describe the problems as best as I can. I have a 2008 Enclave CXL with 135K miles. My wife is the primary driver so I don't drive it much.

Problem #1 - When accelerating there is a vibration that used to occur around 20 MPH. But now it can occur at any speed (0 - 40 MPH) but still only when accelerating. Once I let go of the gas, vibration stops then seems to be fine after when it continues to accelerate. It was more noticeable when the car is cold, say just after pulling out of the garage. But now I've noticed it can happen at anytime still again only when accelerating. The vibration is not from the steering wheel but it feels that it is coming from under the car towards the front. At first I thought it is related to the transmission because it felt like the car wouldn't go when changing gears. But now not sure that is the case. I had a mechanic look under the car and checked to see if anything is loose such as suspension, bearings, etc. that could cause the vibrations. He didn't find anything, but then again the car was stationary. At the time, it was not happening a lot when he test drove it so he couldn't tell from the test drive. Now that its happening more, I'm getting worried. Another shop I brought it to before did mention that the engine mount is cracked so not sure if it has something to do with that. The other mechanic that looked under the car had me step on the brakes and put it on drive then give it gas to see if the engine moves, he didn't see anything abnormal. Like I said the vibration happens more consistently now when accelerating. Sorry if my description leads to many variables however that's all I can tell you. If you have any specific questions, I will do my best to answer it.

Problem #2 - when I turn the ignition to start, there were times nothing happened. I see the lights on the dash but car didn't start (no sound). This happened only a few times last couple of weeks and haven't really happened again. Battery still tests good. Could it be the starter starting to go?

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
being a 2008.
It has the Vacuum assisted motor mounts. (feature not available on the Acadia).
There is a vacuum port on the back of the intake manifold.
The hose can get brittle and leak. Causing engine running issues.
If this is the case-- then- the mount would also not be at its best.

Id look in to that 1st.

we have a post here somewhere-- on the hoses for this.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read on another post that it was a front axle issue.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Problem #2 - when I turn the ignition to start, there were times nothing happened. I see the lights on the dash but car didn't start (no sound). This happened only a few times last couple of weeks and haven't really happened again. Battery still tests good. Could it be the starter starting to go?
Could be a starter.
Could be the starting relay in the fuse block you can swap it with a similar one to narrow that one down.
Could be a loose connection from battery to starter.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the plugs were changed around 100k. The issue hasn't happened recently so it became low priority (knocking on wood).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hm. What I would like to recommend you if finding a community which is helpful for auto/tech issues . Me as a car-driver, recently have start using autokwix (https://autokwix.com/ ) - to this moment , i absolutely appreciate the power of the community. So just find some helpful people - and they will help to figure the stuff out.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
people who register from foreign countries in this case Ukraine- and one of the 1st things they say or post--- are links to sites.... usually are just spamming.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've told the mods multiple times to turn on the setting that doesn't allow links to be posted until you reach X number of posts but they just ignore it. This site is the worst run forum on I'm on, and I'm on a bunch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts