EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man im pissed at myself, I don't know where I lost it but it fell out of my pocket last night at a block party. I have retraced my steps and cannot find it and it was the only key I had. Now I did find the second key fob for it, just no key with it. So I can get in the car. Can a locksmith cut a key for these Enclaves and program it?
Do Enclaves require programming? It's a 2012 Buick Enclave fyi. Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
If you enter "replacement key" into the search above, top right corner, there will be links to threads where this was discussed previously.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Take your VIN# registration & proof of insurance to GM dealer and they can make you a new key and sell you a FOB. Why did you only have ONE key? Should have two and if you lost one should have replaced it ASAP. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
redvett said:
Take your VIN# registration & proof of insurance to GM dealer and they can make you a new key and sell you a FOB. Why did you only have ONE key? Should have two and if you lost one should have replaced it ASAP. Lesson learned.
Only had one key because that's what it came with. I didn't lose one, stop making assumptions and stay out of my thread, thanks.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Just 'cause you're mad at yourself (justifiably!), you shouldn't be grumpy at all of us!

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I'm probably hypersensitive when it comes to keys. For the 2nd time, we lost our house keys, and I was tired of calling locksmiths and paying them.

It happened in a Walmart and just b4 we went to a bbq last year.

Ok, so 2 random keys got lost in a Walmart, just get new ones. BUT, it had a supermarket courtesy tag attached.

To prove my point, I went to the supermarket, showed the girl the other courtesy tag, and asked her, "What address do you show for this tag?"

Without even asking my name, she told me.

Anyway, at the bbq, there was a poll, if you lost your key, would you simply get new dupes, or would you get the locks re-keyed?

Everyone said dupes. You're getting carried away thinking someone will find your keys, then go to the supermarket to see what house they are for. But I didn't listen, I rekey'd the locks myself. It's not as easy as the youtubes. Springs and pins go flying, and you CANNOT buy the kit anywhere locally (cuz they want you to pay for the service). I had to wait for amazon since we didn't have Prime. So what I did was to scramble the pins so the old keys would not work....double the work/effort....

If I lost a car key with a supermarket tag, holy ****...... :angryfire:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
jerseydevil
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing