EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good am! We (my wife was the clincher) recently decided to pursue an Enclave (moving away from an 03 MDX). The MDX lease is over at the end of October so I think th etiming will be perfect and allow us sufficienttime to think through th eoptions and may also allow the demand to subside just a bit allowing us to a) find what we want b) Secure a deal that is reasobnable

I thought it would be interesting to start a discussion thread on the various Enclave options. I thought about a poll (which wd be very useful to me) but I think the thread might be more informative for all members to have a thread where the options are listed by number and everyone just discusses their reasons for getting it, not getting it, how they like it, etc., etc. Everyone would chime in and list the option they are discussing to keep the thread somewhat organized. We could ask the admin here to start a section just for the discussion of optiond and the section would start out with a list of each and every Enclave option. Then each option would be discussed within that thread instead of all options in one thread.

I have seen other forums where all of the STANDARD features are listed and discussed - this is also very informative and valuable.

Any other thoughts on how to organize the thread for best use? PS - this is not the thread! Once we discuss how to create it, I will start it after having received some input on how to best organize it.

Thanks!!! I am excited to discuss the Enclave's various options and features.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Let me make it easy for you. Get everything!!
Less thinking, more enjoying!! :thumb:

R

·
0 Posts
xrayman said:
:ditto:

if your buying it has a better resale
you have more stuff to play with
it is not that much more to get some of the stuff
if you have some at your local dealer they usally have fully loaded or base, so go fully loaded and because of that you wouldnt have to wait the 12 weeks i was told.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
get it all....im not leaving out anything including the engine block heater and i live in california heck its only a few dollars. im putting the mud guards, assist steps and whatever else i can find that will make me and my enclave happy.... including those beautiful 20's that are in the brochure... getting the advanced keyfob and the 2nd row center console.

i am tickled pink[/color] :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

·
Registered
577 Posts
MsS42 said:
get it all....im not leaving out anything including the engine block heater and i live in california heck its only a few dollars. im putting the mud guards, assist steps and whatever else i can find that will make me and my enclave happy.... including those beautiful 20's that are in the brochure... getting the advanced keyfob and the 2nd row center console.

i am tickled pink[/color] :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
I hope you get it soon. I'm afraid of those little dancing people. :angel:

·
Registered
40 Posts
The one feature that I really didn't think I'd need or care about was the remote start. If we'd ordered, I probably would have left that one off the list. Since we found one fully loaded (minus the engine block heater) we went ahead and grabbed it!

Being able to start up the car during this heat wave has been HUGE these last couple of weeks. It really makes a big difference to have the air running while strapping the kids in their car seats and not feel like we're going to suffocate!

Since you're in Colorado, I'm guessing that this will be useful to you guys in the winter! Of course, we were in Colorado for vacation in June with temps over 100... so much for escaping the heat of Atlanta!!

Also, don't let the dealer talk you out of the Nav system! We had 2 different dealers tell us that we didn't need Nav because of the Onstar turn by turn thing. Having the rear back up camera is an absolute MUST!!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
if your buying it has a better resale
you have more stuff to play with
it is not that much more to get some of the stuff
I will take a counter viewpoint just to facilitate further discussion. ;D

While I would agree that you may have an easier time selling a loaded vehicle down the road, I have found that expensive options do not do much for resale value, as long as you are talking 3-10 year timeframe. I think you can take the option prices and flush that money down the toilet, especially navigation. I have based this opinion on what I have read on-line, but also by looking at pricing guides. When you add available options they are not worth much later on.

Having said that, I say get what you want but don't buy based on getting your money back.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I would like to re-focus the discussion. I wanted to talk about the actual options, not about the relative resale merits of adding options etc. - that is a different discussion. If someone would like to start a thread called,

"How do I maximize the resale value of my Enclave", the discussions in this thread would fit well in that thread.

I am talking about a thread that actually discusses the options. For example,

1) Eight Passenger Seating
2) Seven Passenger Seating
3) CX Package
4) CXL Package
3) CD Player
3.1) CD Changer
3.2) DVD Entertainment
3.3) Navigation
3.4) DVD Entertainment
etc
etc
etc

Under each of these options forum members would discuss the merits (and relative merits vs othe roptions) for an option, the technical, ergonomic, aesthetic values of the option, dealer, GM enhancements or changes to the option, issues or troubles etc., etc.

I was wondering if we might ask the forum admin to start a section called Enclave Options Discussion

Then, within this sub-forum we would list all of the options, like I have begun to do above, and within each thread we would discuss the option.

Does anyone like this idea?

Thx, Steve

·
Registered
743 Posts
xrayman said:
I agree. I've always done that and have never regretted it. I would much rather have the Nav rather than On Star, but I'm takng both and will continue suscribing. There's always a good chance in the future that you will use the other options and will be happy you have them. I've read of a few examples of that on this Forum. Think of that times several years. 8)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
:hijacked:
Hey Steve, I don't think you are getting your point across...or no one is listening... :confused:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rosita2001, you are right

Rollin Thunder, thanks for the acadia link - that is a good attempt at getting organized, but I don't think it is good enough for the long term - it could be done better. For example, I think the forum in general needs to be more organized. Within the picture area, there should be a thread for each color and owners should show off their pics according to color. I have seen forums with threads organized like this and they grow and grow and grow over the years and it is an awesome way to check out the various colors and how they go with various unteriors and how they look withvarious wheels, etc. And, it is a better way to show off your car than the gallery, IMO. I just don't think the gallery is thebest way to show off the Enclave in an organized fashion.

And, there should be an OPTIONS sub-forum like the GALLERY forum. In the Options forum there would be a thread for each and every option. Wouldn't it be great for a thread JUST on the NAV system, the rear entertainment or the Articulating headlights or the power liftgate or, or, or, and the list goes on. It would be ONE CENTRAL PLACE to discuss likes, dislikes, technical How To's, GM/Buick updates, etc on EACH AND EVERY ENCLAVE FEATURE AND OPTION.

Admin, if you are listening, could we try to set this up? I will be glad to help!

:cheers: Steve

A

·
0 Posts
There are a lot of good ideas here, but you have to balance everyone's needs and think about the long term when you create entire boards (the main sections you see on the board index/main page). I spent a LOT of time going through 100s of threads to come up with the list on acadiaforum.net - you have to make sure that a given board has enough posts to warrant the section.

I actually don't think a board on just options would, but there's nothing to keep you guys from creating a topic for each option in another board. The problem is making sure everyone actually posts in that thread for a given topic, as opposed to just creating a new topic on the same subject. Not everybody searches, or even thinks to do that. As for your picture share ideas, that is how acadiaforum.net started - there was a dedicated post for each color and it worked for the first few months, then people started just making their own threads with their pics. Again, I don't see any reason why you couldn't start a thread for each color - "OFFICIAL Ming Blue picture thread" for example.

I do think we're getting close to needing the acadiaforum.net board layout here. I had been waiting mainly on enough traffic to warrant the effort, but it's certainly getting busy in here now. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
admin,

i expressed my concerns sometime ago, if you remember. I personally like the gallery we have here. i find it extremely difficult on the acadia forum to try and navigate through all those postings to find a pic that you want to see. it's much easier to remember a name in the gallery rather than an entire thread for pic viewing. i especially like slide show i am able to view in our gallery.

whatever you think will improve your site is ok w/me. just remember, you can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people none of the time but you will never please all of the people all of the time. gl, i know its hardwork and again i express thank you so much for this wonderful forum. i have been enlightened in so many ways and have met a lot of nice people here. :thumb:

ps... if we have dealers monitoring this site do you think they can pm you and you give them permission to start a thread re: their dealership and what they can do as far as pricing and helping us get our enclaves? i saw some dealers advertise on the acadia forum but then saw where some posters were not happy and viewed it as spam. however, i am not aware of the outcome of those. feel free to enlighten me please.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Personally, I find too many boards difficult. I like the main categories with many listings. I suppose that as the forum grows this will need to change to adjust for the increased number of threads. So, do what you think is best. We'll all adapt.

For now, when I'm looking for something I use the search button. This helps direct me to where I need to be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts