EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an Enclave from the dealership on 9/17 in White Diamond with all the options, excluding navigation. It is now 6 weeks later and I received a phone call from the dealership saying that they think I should choose another color because GM has not put my car into production. 6 weeks later they wait to tell me!!! I was told to either choose another color or cancel the order. I'm curious to see if any one has any suggestions or a way to find out from GM if the car was indeed ordered. I don't understand why they waited this long to day they can not order it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: HELP, They are canceling my order!!!

I am suspicious of your dealer. If it was ordered on 9/17 the WDT shouldn't be an issue. They are eliminating the color, but your order should have been in the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

All the dealer is telling me is that Buick has not picked up the order and it is just sitting out there. He also said that there is no way of telling if the order will be accepted. Doesn't sound right to me either. I've contacted GM and they are trying to get in touch with the dealer.

I haven't been able to locate a WDT anywhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts

The same thing happened to my in-laws several years ago. They ordered a new suburban in blue, but then received a call from the dealer saying the color they picked was no longer available. They had to pick another color or have the order cancelled - just as in your situation. :banghead:

I agree - 6 weeks is a long time to wait just to end up having to make another decision. I would feel like the carpet just got pulled out from underneath me. In a perfect world, it should not have taken this long to get your new car.

I suppose it just depends upon how badly you want an Enclave. Do you want it just for the color? Or do you want it for the car itself?

It's a tough place to be in and I feel badly for your having to make this decision. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
344 Posts

Don't know how desperate you are for the white color, but there has been a white enclave at a dealership here in Spokane now sitting unsold for several weeks. I don't know if it's white diamond or the other white color, but I believe it's still there. It had the titanium leather interior, no nav. If you want to google Becker Buick in Spokane maybe you can find out more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks so much! I will start calling around in hopes of finding something. At this point, the dealer is not even willing to do a locate.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

It sounds like the dealer didn't have an allocation to get the order into the system. You might consider changing to the new Platinum Ice color as it won't be that much different than the WDT. I haven't seen the color but from the descriptions the base coat is silver instead of the copper.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I wanted the white diamond with tan interior so bad and went to my dealership on tuesday and they told me I couldn't order it in that color anymore and they couldn't find a dealership that would trade so I got on buick.com and pulled up all the white diamond with tan interiors I could and spent a day and a half calling dealerships. I couldn't believe how many told me that the owners wife was driving it and would not give it up. I finally found one in Flint MI which is seven hours away and I put a deposit down with my credit card over the phone and drove the seven hours to pick it up on Thursday. I now have a beautiful fully loaded white diamond Enclave and am loving it!!! My husband thinks I'm crazy but when I set my mind to something I do get kind of obsessive! SO if you want one bad enough keep trying and be willing to drive......and don't get discourage when you find one and call to find out that it is either sold already, or the dealers wife is driving it!
P.S. My parents came to visit us last weekend and we took them to the dealership to see the Enclave since they had never seen or heard of it before. My mom fell in love with it and just ordered it in gold mist yesterday! Too funny! Gold mist was my second favorite color but since that is the color that my mom was getting I was extra determined to get the white diamond!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I too am obsessed, more so because I did order it six weeks ago and they told me I could get it. When the dealership called the other day and I saw their number, I assumed the car was in, not that they could not get it. I've been researching ever since.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Hi jgcolarusso,

Sorry to hear that. I placed the order on 9/4, and got the build week after 6 weeks. The oder I placed is
a full-loaded CXL AWD white diamond. Today I got a phone call from my dealer telling me they have VIN#,
and they should receive my Enclave within 2 weeks from today. GM stops taking white diamond since mid-October,
so I suggest you should be fine to place the order on white diamond at that time. My suggestion to you:
1. Don't cancel the order. GM may take your order later. Do you know how many allocation your dealer has?
I suppose you still can get the deposite back if you cancel it later.
2. In the mean time, check any white diamond Enclave on lots in your area. If you don't mind the prices (they
should be above MSRP), buy it.

Wish you the best!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

We went in to see the manager of the dealership today. He promised he would locate an Enclave for me as long as there is one available between Boston and Florida. He is even willing to eat the cost of navigation to fulfill the order. Anyone know of a WDT loaded???

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

jgcolarusso said:
We went in to see the manager of the dealership today. He promised he would locate an Enclave for me as long as there is one available between Boston and Florida. He is even willing to eat the cost of navigation to fulfill the order. Anyone know of a WDT loaded???
You know someone here located several Enclaves in Florida...maybe they will see this thread.

Good luck, jgcolarusso, sounds like your dealer will make it right! Hope so![/color]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know of a dealer that is supposed to be getting a few in late November in New England. I went through the ringer this week trying to buy an Enclave off the lot. When we looked earlier in the month we literally had our pick of many in all different colors and packages. When we were finally ready to buy this week the pickings were SLIM :mad:.

After countless calls to dealers in 3 states we thought we found a loaded WDT at a dealer 50 miles away. They even took a $500 deposit on the phone. When we called this AM to see when we could pick it up the sales guy asked if he could call us back. His manager called back and explained they did not have the car we put a deposit on? It was not that they sold it- the packages they said they had were not in it. What a joke.

After more calls we found a dealer with a Gold mist on the lot. It was not in the top three colors choices (WDT, Red Tri and Cocoa) but we said we would look at it as it had everything we wanted except drivers conf. The color is really nice so we went for it. We are having a remote starter added by the dealer (that is the only thing we really wanted in Driver confi.)and will pick it up early this week.

Long story short this dealer said they have a few loaded WDT coming in but it will not be until late November. They would have taken a deposit to hold one. We really liked the gold (which I normally hate on cars but this is really diffferent) or we would have waited the month.

Let me know if anyone wants the dealer name. I think you can PM here?

BTW- this forum is great. Have been reading avidly for a few months. Excited to join the ranks of an owner.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ok-- i've done a search in my area zip code 14420/14626 (upstate, ny) and i've located at least 3 WDT loaded... i personally purchased mine at Bob Hastings and i would recommend them.. sales person was joe retta...
let me know if you actually use my dealership as maybe they would be willing to throw me a 2-way lcd remote when they become available just for the reference... (worth a try)

good luck--

1 - 15 of 15 Posts