EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wellll.............we found the Enclave we want (Choice "A), but it has almost 3,000 miles on it. It's the 'demo' unit. We can the same car, same options DIFFERENT color ("Choice B") at another dealer for the SAME price. We don't WANT the second choice because we don't want that color..........BUT..........."Dealer A" won't budget on the one we really want with the 3,000 miles even after trying to bargain with him over "Dealer B", with the rationale of why would be pay the SAME THING for everything else being the same except "A" has 3,000 miles and "B" has ZERO. Doesn't this make "A" a used car??? Please tell me if I am looking at this all wrong. Shouldn't he be more willing to negotiate??

Secondly, if we can find a dealer to do a special order for us, would we be better off doing that if we aren't in a hurry to buy rather than buying the one with 3,000 miles?? Either that or wait for the right 'combo' (exterior, interior, and various options) to show up at one of the lots and we just keep checking back with them all??

HELP! Not sure what to do! Just want to get the best deal possible :-\

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I can't tell you what to do and I know the Enclave is hot, but NOT that hot that I would pay sticker for a demo with 3000 miles on it period. I would hold tough with the dealer on car A and you may be surprised by a phone call taking your deal or at least compromising. I have purchased 3 demos in the past and immediately got several thousand off due to the miles. If you are not in a hurry, I would order exactly what you want, wait 12 weeks, and then pick up YOUR Enclave exactly as you want it with ZERO miles on it. Unless they come down on the price what is the point of getting the one with 3000 miles on it unless you need it now. IMO

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Me too, agree with my friend Bsox and the others. I think "technically" a "new" car can have up to 500 miles on it, right? But 3000 is a bit much. If you need the car now, would be the only reason to buy this one. The Enclave IS hot and he may have some other nibbles on it and is trying to make the most he can in the deal. IF you don't mind waiting, you will love the feeling of driving off the lot in a brand-spankin'-NEW vehicle! It is Heaven! Not sure I would order from this dealer, though.

So tell us, what is the "ideal" color, and what are you passing up...?
[/color]

·
Registered
721 Posts
If the car is truly a "demo", it has never been titled and is technically a new car (meaning you can use GM card earnings, incentives, etc.). Depending on whether the dealer reported it as a demo with GM, you may or may not be losing some warranty coverage. If you can email me the VIN number, I can tell you if the warranty has started or not. As far as the pricing, most dealers discount the car a certain amount ($.15 to .50 cnts per mile or so) for demo miles. There are enough dealers out there that you can deal with if they're not willing to work with you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot to say..............I am not trying to get something for nothing.............but why would I pay the same thing for an identical vehicle with 3,000 miles when I can get one down the street for the same thing with ZERO? If only they were the same color, I would be o.k.! I think the dealer - intentional or not - is making me feel guilty for trying to get a good deal. What is so wrong with that when I am only wanting to get what I am paying for??????? BTW - I don't have the VIN number as we never got as far as paperwork, and I'm not feeling good about going back in there since we've been on/off/on again with negotiations for over a month.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: Help! We're down to negotiatons..........what is 'new' vs. 'used' car defini

I know the feeling. I've been waiting for my Enclave to arrive and keep getting calls about all of the Enclave Trades that they keep getting in. No matter how many times I tell him that I'm in no rush he still keeps calling and I sometimes consider purchasing the used one over waiting a few more months.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK - I posted this once and it is LOST somewhere in cyberspace. We are wanting the carbon metallic interior and exterior. There are other colors that I like, but this is the one that I know I love and would wait to get. There are a few carbon metallics at other places we shopped, but the interior wasn't the black, and I just like the black. To answer the other question, we are in the south (TN).

I am in NO hurry to get something. I love what I have now, as it is the car I bought the week before my son was born five years ago. It's gonna be sad to see it go, 'cause it's the car we brought him home from the hospital in :))))) SOOO - you know the Enclave had to really wow me in order to give up something that I already love and have emotional attachment to :)))))) BUT............I don't think I could get the 3,000 mile one and feel good about paying the SAME price as the one that had zero miles but was a different color. I feel like I should just hold out a little while longer ;)))))))

SM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Help! We're down to negotiatons..........what is 'new' vs. 'used' car defini

My wife and I bought a demo 07 Outlook XR in November with 3200 miles on it and the dealer took $2000 off the sticker / no haggle Saturn price because it was a demo and gave us $200 above Kbb trade in value on our trade. :D
This car was driven by a manager for a couple of months. They should give you a few thousand off because it is a demo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just responded to your other topic (would the salesman be offended). Our story is someone what similar. We had more than one dealer trying to sell the demo units- ours were ones from a PGA event in Boston. After the event was over some dealers and their wives had been driving them for several months. The discount amounts they offered considering the miles were a joke in our mind. We were pretty desperate to get our new car but decided that for the amount of money we were going to pay we would be patient- keep calling dealers to see what they got it and wait it out. Turns out one dealer had one someone changed their mind about. They called us and asked if we wanted to look. The color choice was not in the top three for us but we had not actually seen the color before in person so drove to take a look. Turns out we liked it a lot and made a deal. Glad we waited - it was too much money to have any regrets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts