EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(2018 Buick Enclave-base model) Manual fold mirrors

So my wife hit the passenger side mirror on a mailbox, somehow someway. She said she was swerving around a garbage can in the road and mis-judged. Anyway with the way the mirror broke off the base I can't figure out how it re-attaches? The mirror assembly with the glass and electronics works just fine and I would hate to have to buy another one or have a shop replace and incur the costs. I can't seem to find any documentation or videos online of how exactly the mirror housing assembly attaches to the assembly that attaches to the door?? I have spent hours in the driveway driving to figure it out to no avail. You put the mirror housing right back on base and fits fine, but there is like nothing that like clips on or attaches to keep it one - am I missing a piece that might of falled out when she hit mailbox?? Right now driving around with clear packing tape wrapped around it holding it together! Really need to fix this soon as if it does fall off it will cause some damage to door/window flopping around or worse fall off completely and cause issue with another driver. Please help me figure out this perplexing problem! I have attached some pics to review.

Thanks much all!
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can push and twist around and such but it's like nothing locks it in to the base though - just falls right back off. I tried to like pull the inner section of mirror housing (black ring section) thinking maybe it got jambed up in and needs to come out further to make a proper connection - but that didn't work either. All documentation shows the mirror housing and base as a complete unit with no breakdowns of any part detail or such on how mirror housing connects to base. I'm in a real pickle hear trying to figure this out on this leased vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's going to be molded to the aluminum cast part. You can try some two-part epoxy, but in all likelihood the proper repair is replacement of the unit. Perhaps there's a local salvage yard that has one you can pull.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Check Ebay for a competitive price for one that is your color.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have not replaced an Enclave mirror but on all other cars I have done it on, the mirror is bolted as a single unit from inside the door. You can find a black version on Ebay. If you want a painted to match replacement it will cost $$$. Remeber, you need to find a power, heated, power swivel, options as applicable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts