EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Help with Chicago Western Burbs Dealers

8K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  dzs3fz 
#1 ·
Long time reader, first time poster. After reading this forum for over 10 months, I feel as if I know a lot of the characters on this forum. Your info has been invaluable. Decided to hold out for a 2009 when the dreaded (but wanted) second row console kept appearing and disappearing on the 2008s. Also wanted to wait for a 2009 when I found out about the new DI engine and additional options that would be available. For those Chicagoland Enclave owners out there (Go Cubs!), I need a good recommendation for a western suburban dealer that 1) was a pleasure to deal with, 2) felt you received a good purchase deal, 3) seems knowledgeable about the Enclave, and 4) has an excellent service department. I am about 5 minutes from Gartner Buick and have looked the Enclave over at that dealership. Has anyone dealt with them specifically? No allegiance to them other than very convenient location. I seem to know more info about the 2009s (thanks to this forum) than they know. Anyway, thanks in advance for the help.

#2 ·
Ettelson Buick in Countryside. Great experience all around. Worked with Mike Foster (internet sales.)

Owner Mike Ettelson (son of Maurry, famous from Cellozi/Ettleson "Where you allways save more money" commercials) was on the Enclave design team. I have not used the service dept yet but I have not heard bad things about it from those that I know have had there cars serviced there.

#3 ·
I too am about 5 minutes from Gartner Buick. By father-in-law purchased quite a few over a 15 year period but then his salesman left. My wife and I looked there and were treated like crap. We wanted to order and found most dealers were gouging on price and giving ridiculous trade-in prices. Stopped by Crossroads in West Chicago pretty much by accident and ended up dealing with John Kennedy the Sales Manager. He gave us a better price on the vehicle and the trade to the tune of about $2500 difference. He treated us fairly and professionally. So much so that I almost bought a Tahoe from him several months later. I really wanted the 6.2L and six-speed in the Yukon Denali though. If they were a GMC dealer I would have bought my Denali from him as well. I HIGHLY recommend them. If you want to drop my name, PM me.

BTW- Only service I have needed is a trans reprogram which they performed while I waited.

#4 ·
Guys, thanks for the info so far. Does anyone have any comments on Suburban Buick in Wheaton or Bill Kay Pontiac-Buick-GMC in Downers Grove?
Cruiser68, a gold mist Enclave passed me near 75th street and Route 59 the other day. I wonder if it was you?
The salesman at Gartner Buick wants me to come in and order a 2009 now since he says they get 6 allotments a month and 2 are already spoken for. I told him I want to wait until 2009 pricing comes out. He said don't worry about the "price". He'll "work" me a great deal of $1000.00 off list. I don't think so!!

#5 ·
C Traz said:
Guys, thanks for the info so far. Does anyone have any comments on Suburban Buick in Wheaton or Bill Kay Pontiac-Buick-GMC in Downers Grove?
Cruiser68, a gold mist Enclave passed me near 75th street and Route 59 the other day. I wonder if it was you?
The salesman at Gartner Buick wants me to come in and order a 2009 now since he says they get 6 allotments a month and 2 are already spoken for. I told him I want to wait until 2009 pricing comes out. He said don't worry about the "price". He'll "work" me a great deal of $1000.00 off list. I don't think so!!
Could have been a Costco run ;D

#6 ·
Try Woody Buick in Elgin. Quite a bit farther north than Gartner, but they were great to deal with. Got me the car I wanted at a much better price and better trade value than Gartner. They also offer valet service where they will pick-up and drop-off your car for any service. Ask for RJ.

#8 ·
I bought my Enclave from Bill Kay in Downers Grove. I like the way they dealt with me. I will visit the service department Monday to have a navigation system installed. Most of the dealers I see mentioned in above posts are good dealers. Gartner is no longer a Buick dealer. I have heard nothing but good about Ettleson and Woody.

#9 ·
Gartner did away with Buick months ago. Buick was moved over to Village GMC-Buick on Ogden Ave. in Naperville.

CT

#10 ·
I purchased my Yukon Denali at Village. My sales experience was EXCELLENT. My first service experiences were terrible. I made a scene in the parking lot when I saw my salesman and he asked me how it was going. I unloaded in a very loud manner ;D The sales manager overheard me and quickly pulled me to the side to discuss my concerns. He pleaded with me to contact the owner with my experience. The owner introduced me to Tom Boo, service and parts manager. From that point forward, I have been treated like GOLD. I deal with Jeff, the night service supervisor, and he has been FANTASTIC. In fact, they have my original chrome 20" rims and they are replacing all four at 55K miles due to peeling chrome.

It is a shame sometimes you have to make a scene to get the service one should expect from an expensive vehicle. I now take my wife's Enclave to Village for service as the dealer we purchased from (Crossroads Chevy/Buick) was shut down. Too bad. Crossroads had been my BEST gm service location in 20 years of GMs.

#11 ·
I have a friend who is the inventory manager for all Garber's dealerships (including several Buick dealerships). (Garber was the first Buick franchise). Their Chicagoland area Dealer is a Chevy dealer (Sunrise Chevy in Glendale Heights), but he was able to sell me my Enclave from one of their Buick stores and then have the vehicle shipped to the Chevy store. I've had all my service work done since there since. PM me and I can connect you.

#12 ·
I'm a Crossroads orphan myself. Bought two Impalas from them. I too liked the service dept there.

cruiser68 said:
I now take my wife's Enclave to Village for service as the dealer we purchased from (Crossroads Chevy/Buick) was shut down. Too bad. Crossroads had been my BEST gm service location in 20 years of GMs.

#13 ·
Purchased my 2011 Enclave from Castle Buick in North Riverside. I thought the sales staff was very professional and reasonably knowledgable. They were fair in price negotiation too. Made one visit to the parts department and that went fine. Also stopped by in the service department to ask a DIY question and they were helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.