EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm working on a 2008 Buick enclave 3.6 and I can't seem to fix p0019, which means Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0019 stands for “Crankshaft Position – Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 2 Sensor 'B'.” This code is set when the vehicle's primary computer (also referred to as the powertrain control module or PCM) perceives that the crankshaft and the bank 2 exhaust camshaft are out of sync. So I have replaced both sensors crank and cam and solenoids are working properly I believe. What's next.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think I had this code and tried the smaller cam sensors… it ended up being the OCV (VVT oil control valve solenoid). But that being said, I can’t recall the exact code but I know changing the oil control valve vvt solved it (after chasing codes for the other sensors).

·
Registered
221 Posts
What is the mileage on the vehicle? Do you know the service history? If the mileage is high or it has a poor service history indicating a lack of proper oil change intervals, I would guess you need a new timing chain and components. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
“Crankshaft Position – Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 2 Sensor 'B'.” This code is set when the vehicle's primary computer (also referred to as the powertrain control module or PCM) perceives that the crankshaft and the bank 2 exhaust camshaft are out of sync.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
952 Posts
Easies thing to try is to clean the VVT screens and check to see if the solenoid operates, you can use a 9V battery with the valve on the bench. You do use synthetic oil don't you? It keeps the engine cleaner and less sludge buildup on those little engine parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts