EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Counting today, I have five more days (maybe four!) to be Enclaveless! ;D ;D ;D My dealer finally told me that her train is arriving in Spokane on the 16th and they may have her ready late Friday, but Saturday is more realistic! Happy dance for me! :blob: :banana: :banana: :woot: :clap2: :clap:

Just wanted to share, since I've been like the biggest whiner on this forum. You'll soon be relieved that you won't hear my crying much more! weeeee! ;)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
waitingsince 8-10 said:
Counting today, I have five more days (maybe four!) to be Enclaveless! ;D ;D ;D My dealer finally told me that her train is arriving in Spokane on the 16th and they may have her ready late Friday, but Saturday is more realistic! Happy dance for me! :blob: :banana: :banana: :woot: :clap2: :clap:

Just wanted to share, since I've been like the biggest whiner on this forum. You'll soon be relieved that you won't hear my crying much more! weeeee! ;)
Didn't I tell ya, Waiting..."before Thanksgiving"...WooooooHoooooo for yooooooou![/color]

Attachments

G

·
Congratulations! Though you are a more patient person that I am. Am I reading this right you have been waiting since the first part of August? WOW I got my roadster special ordered from Germany faster. We are ordering in December/January depending on when the writers strike is over as we are not making larger purchases till that is over and we are both working. I will not wait as long as you did for a product that is built in the US.

Again Congratulations and enjoy! :thumb:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jas4slk said:
I will not wait as long as you did for a product that is built in the US.
Thanks Jas4slk, not sure if that was a jab at US products, but believe me this car is well worth the wait, and I haven't waited as long as some believe it or not! I didn't know it would be that long of a wait when I ordered, I was told 4-6 weeks, but that's the way it goes... ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
COngrats waiting! So happy for you and I know you will love it! What a great week-end you have in store! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Am I wrong, or doesn't it take a couple months to get a vehicle that you special order-no matter what BRAND you order?[/color]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rosita2001 said:
Am I wrong, or doesn't it take a couple months to get a vehicle that you special order-no matter what BRAND you order?[/color]
Our last 3 trucks we ordered new from the same dealership, and they took an average of 5-6 weeks from order to delivery. So the Enclave was over twice the wait time in our experience.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Jas4slk said:
I will not wait as long as you did for a product that is built in the US.
Why? If time is not an issue, why not wait a little longer for a good product? Who cares if it comes from Europe, the US or wherever. It should be based on its merits, unless there are other "factors" that are more important. ???

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
waitingsince 8-10 said:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT[/color] I do take exception to the the "biggest whiner on this forum" comment. I think myself and Ccaats deserve that title!!!!!! ;D ;D :thumb: :cheers: :cheers: :beer: :beer: :-* :-*

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Bsox you were pretty bad. ;D I don't remember ccaats whining, though. My all time favorite was Nolasaints with his it's not fair rant. I still pull up that thread once in a while when I need a good laugh.

BTW, congrats waiting!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
axiama said:
Bsox you were pretty bad. ;D I don't remember ccaats whining, though. My all time favorite was Nolasaints with his it's not fair rant. I still pull up that thread once in a while when I need a good laugh.

BTW, congrats waiting!
Thanks, I am glad I stood out in the crowd...Ccaats was pretty bad, though. I think he will admit to it. One thing about NOLASAINTS, however, he made the best comback of all of us (SITBS). I am still working on it ;D

·
Registered
661 Posts
No comment about whiners. I know I have been guilty of negative thinking and some esoteric ramblings: BUT: I am joining the ranks of the non-enclaveless on 27 Nov! It is built and the dealer tells me this is a firm date for dellivery. I assume that that includes the time for them to prep. Thanks to someone on this forum, I thought to tell the salesman not to put any dealer stickers on mine, not to let anyone test drive. He said that those were both contrary to their policy anyway. Nonetheless, I am glad that I specified.

I bought a new Ford Taurus in 89 and recall the salesman starting to climb into my car during the checkout period with a lit ciggarette. I told him one more inch inside my car with that cigarette and he could kiss the sale goodbye. He moved FAST!!
:blob: :cheers: :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
REDCXL said:
I thought to tell the salesman not to put any dealer stickers on mine, not to let anyone test drive. He said that those were both contrary to their policy anyway. Nonetheless, I am glad that I specified.
That might have been me, and I need to REMIND them again before Friday! I would come unglued if they put stickers on my car. :confused: :eek: :confused: Congrats on your delivery date! We shall both be happy by the end of this month!!! ;D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not fair Waiting.... I'm still at #2 on the waiting list and the protons haven't even been fused on the body yet... Of course I'm happy for you but as you know I ordered just 2 weeks after you from the same dealer. So, ok I'm a whiner on the inside...

You MUST post pictures when you get it! Congrats and I'll continue to bug Julie until I get off the waiting list...sigh...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pockettodd said:
.... I'm still at #2 on the waiting list and the protons haven't even been fused on the body yet...
Okay what in tarnation are "protons" ?? Are you making a funny? ??? Did you seriously get that much information? I was lucky to get the status code... You should call the 800# like I did -- Buick's 800#, seemed to get things moving real FAST as far as getting the dealer to find out information on where she is. You mustn't be that far behind! Tell 'em to get moving or you'll be fusing their protons!!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
waitingsince 8-10 said:
Okay what in tarnation are "protons" ?? Are you making a funny? ??? Did you seriously get that much information? I was lucky to get the status code... You should call the 800# like I did -- Buick's 800#, seemed to get things moving real FAST as far as getting the dealer to find out information on where she is. You mustn't be that far behind! Tell 'em to get moving or you'll be fusing their protons!!
A proton is the positively charged portion of the nucleus of an atom around which the electrons revolve. Since the atom is the basic building block of all matter, I think he means they HAVE NOT STARTED ANYTHING YET and he is not too happy ;D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay sometimes I'm a little s-l-o-w... :-[ :-[ I would still fuse their protons if I were him...

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
waitingsince 8-10 said:
Okay sometimes I'm a little s-l-o-w... :-[ :-[ I would still fuse their protons if I were him...
I know splitting the atom caused a heck of a response in Hiroshima, not sure what fusing the protons would do, hopefully not too much or all of those waiting for their Enclaves could kiss them goodbye :-*

·
Registered
405 Posts
Since the dealer gave me NO information today, (and I had to call them unlike they promised),
I'll be calling customer service tomorrow. Hopefully that will result in some fusing of protons!
I feel like NOLA on the 'it's not fair' thread! Everyone with the Oct29 build date has gotten their Enclave
OR knows when it will arrive. I have nothing...it's not fair ;D ;D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts