EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just picked up my CXL awd and have been feeling a slight hesitation which translates through the base of the seat almost like a rear heel tire balance problem. I wondered if anyone else was feeling this.

I also have issues with the sat nav - not as good as TomTom. You cannot re map a different destination while the car is in gear - but you can - talk on your phone, eat, apply make-up and almost anything else. what is that about - safety???

first Buick - in fact my first North American car - just moved from Scotland to Canada.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
WELCOME "Scotty!" And thx for Sean Connery :D
You might be feeling the now infamous transmission " hesitation to downshift syndrome" It might cause a small vibration under load? Do you get it w/ the Manumatic shift feature? (putting the car in "L" and shifting w/ the push buttons on shift handle) If you hold out 3,4th gears, you get some decent acceleration and you may be able to discern more info.
As for Nav system.......welcome to the land of the Lawyers!! (Canada & USA!) You CAN change destination while driving ONLY if it's a pre-entered address book location that you entered and saved earlier! You're right...you can do many things while driving but the legal whiz kids drew the line here!
Enjoy your Enclave !! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
I think all the Lawyers live in the USA not Canada we ship all the good lawyers to the USA and keep the bad ones that do real estate transactions only.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
978 Posts
Canuck said:
I think all the Lawyers live in the USA not Canada we ship all the good lawyers to the USA and keep the bad ones that do real estate transactions only.
:rofl: :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for feedback, transmission hesitation - is this an electronic software issue , have they started to remap the gearboxes , my car is an August build I think.

I have not tried the manual over ride - the car came without a handbook so I am somewhat in the dark. Is this a sort of tiptronic feature.

I would like to say that the voice activation is able to cope with my accent - so good for GM- I know English people who struggle - subtitles no longer required.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
The transmission software reprogram is: Customer Satisfaction Update Bulletin # 07217 Your dealer can determine your exact build date from your VIN. If your build date is prior to August 1st, then you will need the upgrade. It only takes a couple of hours.

Yes, the manual shifting feature is similar to "tiptronic"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
the L gear just lets you choose the highest gear that you want the car to shift to, so if you select 4 it will act like a 4 speed trans... and only shift through 4 gears.
 
G

·
Gmoney_2010 said:
the L gear just lets you choose the highest gear that you want the car to shift to, so if you select 4 it will act like a 4 speed trans... and only shift through 4 gears.
i love that, i dont need six gears. it really slows down hunting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
ccaats said:
The transmission software reprogram is: Customer Satisfaction Update Bulletin # 07217 Your dealer can determine your exact build date from your VIN. If your build date is prior to August 1st, then you will need the upgrade. It only takes a couple of hours.

Yes, the manual shifting feature is similar to "tiptronic"
On inside of drivers door, lower left, is a vehicle information sticker containing gross vehicle weight, tire, vin and other information. At the very top, right of sticker (I had to push the weatherstripping out of the way), is the month and year of build. You'll have to see your dealer for actual day of build.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top