EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum discussion world but I don't know where else to turn with this Enclave it's a FWD 09 Enclave with 115,000 miles I bought it as whole sale from a dealer because my family needed a vehicle with third row and we didn't have a lot of money to buy a good Craigslist car. I know whole sale was probably not the best way but it was the only way but I'm now having a problem I can't figure out as I cruise down the road at different speeds doesn't matter if I'm doing 25 or 65 it will hesitate and stumble if I release the pedal or give it a little gas it will go away until I settle back to keeping the pedal where it needs to be to stay at the designated speed I want. I have replaced the coils and plugs along with the tps and still does it now I'm lost and I don't really have the money to have a shop run threw it or the time to not have a car it's our families way of travel along with the car I respond to call for the fire department. Where should I look next? Ecu update? Torque converter?

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
Is the check engine light on? Very strange for it to be running that poorly and not throw a code but you didn’t mention it. A code would give you somewhere to start.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the check engine light on? Very strange for it to be running that poorly and not throw a code but you didn’t mention it. A code would give you somewhere to start.
[/QUOTE
There hasn't been any lights on and I checked the codes there isn't any a friend took it out last night said transmission felt off do you think it possible it needs the transmission module undated or reprogrammed?

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
There's really no way to know without hands on troubleshooting. My next step would be to hook up a scanner that can read real time data and see if anything looks off while driving. I'm still really surprised if it's stumbling like that it's not at least setting some kind of code. Usually by the time you can feel an issue with power some sensor is getting an out of spec condition.

It's almost a certainty that this thing was dumped on a dealer and then dumped at wholesale because this isn't a simple fix, or if it is a simple fix it's going to be very difficult to diagnose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's really no way to know without hands on troubleshooting. My next step would be to hook up a scanner that can read real time data and see if anything looks off while driving. I'm still really surprised if it's stumbling like that it's not at least setting some kind of code. Usually by the time you can feel an issue with power some sensor is getting an out of spec condition.

It's almost a certainty that this thing was dumped on a dealer and then dumped at wholesale because this isn't a simple fix, or if it is a simple fix it's going to be very difficult to diagnose.
That's what I fear I'm stuck with it now I guess I will have to take it in when I get the money. I'm surprised there's no codes I have been driving it hoping it will get set off but nope I feel like this isn't going to be an easy fix thank you for the response.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
666 Posts
First of all what Brand Plugs did you use? These vehicles behave erratically when Non OEM Plugs are used.
One thing I would do is check the Throttle Body, make sure it is clean and free. CRC Throttle cleaner with ignition OFF.
Next thing to check is for a vacuum Leak.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used AC Delco Part #41-107 plugs. The throttle body is a new one I put it on two days ago still no change I wiped it down with cleaner to make sure there was no cnc crud on it before installing and for vacuum leak I had that tested and it's good I'm so frustrated at this point.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
666 Posts
Did you do the Throttle Body relearn procedure?
I assume the air filter is good.
It could always be carbon buildup on the valves. Do you use Top Tier Gas? Run a bottle or two of Techtron.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It could always be carbon buildup on the valves. Do you use Top Tier Gas? Run a bottle or two of Techtron.
I will do this when I get home from work thank you I didn't even think of this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too am researching before I start throwing a ton of other parts. There are other discussions on this forum under Engine and drive train--replacing fuel injectors.
I am having the same issues and it threw a code for #3 coil, swapped it out, and temporarily fixed. I am also having the flashing check engine light which indicates the misfire is corrupting the catalytic system.
Also, if you do a youtube search "P0300 Check Engine Light Flashing? Misfire Diagnosis" by cadzillals6, you will find that his video is great in finding what is working, then correcting the fault or misfire. Since this is my first post, the forum rules will not let me post direct links.

Please update on your progress. It sounds like a fuel pressure issue or bad injectors. Mine occurs at 1800~2000 rpm. Shutters and stumbles and have to put the pedal to the medal to push through it. The enclave runs pretty good after it reaches the cruising gear down a straight road, but on hills, it's horrible and my flashing "cel" comes on and then disappears without throwing a code?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How to diagnose engine ignition misfires. Step by step instructions on how to figure why your engine is misfiring and how to fix it.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
to the OP...
did you scan for MISFIRES.
use the scanner to look at the # of misfires in each cylinder.
it may show some-- but not enough to trigger the cell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The air filter is new and I have been running premium in it I also did the relearn and it didn't help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How to diagnose engine ignition misfires. Step by step instructions on how to figure why your engine is misfiring and how to fix it.

I had this for a little bit so I changed all the plugs and coils and that went away I even put 150 miles on it still no light.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
666 Posts
Premium isn't necessarily better, the engine is designed for 87 octane. Top tier gas had additives to keep the engine cleaner. Do you know anybody with a Bluetooth Scanner and smartphone app?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Premium isn't necessarily better, the engine is designed for 87 octane. Top tier gas had additives to keep the engine cleaner. Do you know anybody with a Bluetooth Scanner and smartphone app?
I do will it tell me more than codes?

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
Yeah, if you get a scanner that can read the mode $06 data you can see real time info, specifically the counts for cylinder misfires. I use the OBD Fusion app on my iPhone with a basic wifi OBD2 adapter I got on Amazon. This is the one I have:

If I were buying one today I'd probably get this one though. Bluetooth wasn't an option at the time I bought mine because no one made one that was compatible with the BT version Apple was using. Now that they are BT would be much more convenient than having to connect via wifi, which kills the phone's internet connection.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
666 Posts
One thing I would check as you are driving is the low and high side fuel pressures. Also, you can check Cat temperatures and see if one is running hotter.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I’m betting transmission computer module.

Does it feel like it’s almost trying to be in two gears at once? Drives fine if you drive it hard?

I'm new to this forum discussion world but I don't know where else to turn with this Enclave it's a FWD 09 Enclave with 115,000 miles I bought it as whole sale from a dealer because my family needed a vehicle with third row and we didn't have a lot of money to buy a good Craigslist car. I know whole sale was probably not the best way but it was the only way but I'm now having a problem I can't figure out as I cruise down the road at different speeds doesn't matter if I'm doing 25 or 65 it will hesitate and stumble if I release the pedal or give it a little gas it will go away until I settle back to keeping the pedal where it needs to be to stay at the designated speed I want. I have replaced the coils and plugs along with the tps and still does it now I'm lost and I don't really have the money to have a shop run threw it or the time to not have a car it's our families way of travel along with the car I respond to call for the fire department. Where should I look next? Ecu update? Torque converter?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts