EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife dinged up the front corner of her Enclave recently. When they were fixing it, they found the clips that hold the headlight fixture were broke. They replaced it with a new one, supposibly the assembly cost $800 which included the HID components also. I was told I couldn't take the damaged part with me until the insurance company took the picture of it. Well they came and took the picture and then one of the employees of the shop quit and when he left, took the damaged fixture. I am trying to see what the HID components are worth? I don't know anything about them so I thought maybe someone could let me know. The shop took the attitude, it's gone, so what.

Thanks...

Jimmy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I new HID bulb purchased through GM service will cost around $200.

I'm not sure about a used one. I just did a search on ebay for "D1S" and I saw prices ranging from $60-$150.

I'm not sure about GM's price for the ballast. When I did an ebay search on "D1S ballast" the prices ranged $100-$200. This was for the older Valeo HID system. I did not see the ballast that is used on the encalve or acadia (they use the same Valeo system)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I am new to the HID stuff so wasn't where to start. I know when I mentioned to them early on that I wanted to keep the damaged part, they told me that would be a good idea with the HID stuff on/in it. Then after it was taken they tried to tell me it wasn't worth anything. At least now I can talk with them on it. Thanks...

Jimmy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Smells a little fishy to say the least.

The Valeo HID ballast that is used on the Enclave and Acadia is fairly new. There is only a few vehicles it could be used on as a direct replacement. I think the new Jeep uses it and some European products but I'm not sure what.

I guess anyone could use it if they rigged it up somehow.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Patman75 is right..... It stinks!! You could sell it on ebay yourself! I would tell them that you want your part back, or compensation in cash. What if it was a couple of CD's you left in the car??

Unbelievable how some places operate. Really frosts me good. If they plead....." sorry it wasn't us", ask for the "former" employees name.......... for your POLICE REPORT! Watch that reaction.

Just make sure the repair is done right first ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts