EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a high pitch squeal coming from the passenger side. I have my summer tires on now and when I had the winter rims on it was there also. Only problem is it is not constant. I have tried applying the breaks and no change so I do not think it is breaks. Also have put it into n when moving and still there and even gave it gas while coasting. Any idea's as you know Murphy Law it won't do it when you take into the dealer. Your help is appreciated. :-\

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I know ours usually comes from the rear right passenger area.....it's only when my son is riding in his baby seat....

in all seriousness we get a grinding sound that even the dealer cannot find. Comes and goes...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Wheel bearing? Does the sound increase and decrease according to vehicle speed?

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
PJmax said:
I have a high pitch squeal coming from the passenger side. I have my summer tires on now and when I had the winter rims on it was there also. Only problem is it is not constant. I have tried applying the breaks and no change so I do not think it is breaks. Also have put it into n when moving and still there and even gave it gas while coasting. Any idea's as you know Murphy Law it won't do it when you take into the dealer. Your help is appreciated. :-\
Good Afternoon PJ and John,

I definitely understand that you would like to find resolution to the brake noise you are experiencing. Feel free to send me a PM with your full name, VIN, mileage, contact information, and the name of your involved dealership if you would like me to provide an additional layer of assistance on this situation. Enjoy the rest of your day and I will be looking for your message.

Regards,

Brandon M.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too am experiencing this on my 2009 Enclave CXL. It's a somewhat alarming metal on metal sound. Mine is coming from the driver side rear wheel. Mine also is not affected much by braking. It may actually get quieter when braking, not louder like you would expect if it were needing new pads.

Might someone have found the issue or know of a solution at this time?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
I have had this noise in recent months, too. The tech at my Buick dealership determined that the cause is rotor rust making intermittent contact with aftermarket brake baffle/back plates that an independent garage installed a year or two ago. The clearance is less than with OEM parts, so raised rusty spots make unwanted contact with these plates regardless of brake application or not. The pulsating metal-on-metal noise seems more likely to occur soon after the beginning of a trip, especially after a rain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Afternoon PJ and John,

I definitely understand that you would like to find resolution to the brake noise you are experiencing. Feel free to send me a PM with your full name, VIN, mileage, contact information, and the name of your involved dealership if you would like me to provide an additional layer of assistance on this situation. Enjoy the rest of your day and I will be looking for your message.

Regards,

Brandon M.
Buick Customer Care

Did this problem ever get solved? I have been having this issue for about 8 months now and it is making me crazy. Nobody seems to know where it is coming from or why it is happening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts