EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just replaced both HID headlight bulbs on my wife's 2009 Enclave. Everything is working fine but once replaced they were both point down and towards the passengers side. I found the vertical adjustment under the hood but cant figure out the horizontal adjustment and have found very little on the issue online. I can get up under the wheel well, take the back cover off the light bulb assembly and physically move it to where they need to be, but as soon as I crank it back up they automatically move back to the right. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
are these the headlights that turn left/right- depending on where the steering wheel is pointed?

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
I wonder if there is a 'reset' procedure-- to get to the 'home' position

·
Registered
5,912 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer was no help. Basically wanted to charge me $104 to look and see if they can figure out how to adjust. If it's got the be "figured out" I can do that at the house for free. I'll keep it updated if I come up with anything.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
rook said:
Dealer was no help. Basically wanted to charge me $104 to look and see if they can figure out how to adjust. If it's got the be "figured out" I can do that at the house for free. I'll keep it updated if I come up with anything.
:( Good luck. Have you downloaded the Factory Service Manual above^^^?

·
Registered
20 Posts
cfedor,
Do you know if there is a manual that would cover 2015 Enclaves on line?

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Ward said:
cfedor,
Do you know if there is a manual that would cover 2015 Enclaves on line?
Haven't seen anything. 2013-15 is I will try to look tonight on an actual computer. As I am only on my S4 right now.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
cfedor said:
Haven't seen anything. 2013-15 is I will try to look tonight on an actual computer. As I am only on my S4 right now.
Have not have had any luck finding a 2013-15 Factory Service Manual for download. Sorry. Will keep looking, though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
And I appreciate it.

I would like to do more/understand more on this vehicle than I did on my Outlook.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Still coming up empty handed on the 2013-15 manual.... Ugh...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has a solution. my passenger side headlight really illuminates the front yards but not the road. not sure how to reset the articulating feature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue. I just bought the 2010 Enclave CXL and both headlight point off to the right. It's ridiculous how difficult it is to see the road at night, especially when you have HID's!!! The verticle adjustment is obvious, but why the heck do the lights consistently point off towards the passengers side? I got a hold of a Buick dealership who was supposed to email me with any information, but they didn't. FML. Anybody figure this or yet. There must be a way to reset the factory setting.... I'd assume a dealer would have to use some coding machine and hook it up to the car to do so, but I have bo clue really. HELP!!!

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
I remember the Gen 1's had articulating headlights.
the headlights moved- and pointed to the spot the steering wheel was turned to.. pretty neat.

Im thinking yours 'failed' pointing to a spot....

if they failed pointing at the same spot-- then I could think a fuse or wire that powers the little motors failed at the same time..
else, theyd be pointing in different spots.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just posted about this issue earlier today. I recently replaced both bulbs then noticed they did not shine down the road. Then one quit working shortly after replacing so I'm thinking its the wiring and not the bulb. Dealer had told me bulbs and wanted $1000 to replace both bulbs. Drove away.

I took it to another (non-dealer) place today. If it's the wiring, my extended warranty will cover it. Don't know what else it could be. The mechanic said he didn't have the "machine" to align the headlights? I've read nothing about needing a machine to align them. I need them to shine down the road and not towards each other! Hoping someone will chime in that has had this issue and has been able to correct it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the answer to the headlights pointing off to the right, but you won't want the truth.... I just bought a 2010 Enclave and have this same issue. Took it to the Buick dealership and they said there is a fault in both of the headlights after scanning the car. He said both headlight assemblies must be replaced. The cost to fix it you ask? Sure, a whopping $2800.00 for repair. I contacted the car dealership I purchase this from and informed them of this issue that was pre existing when I purchased it. Seeing as how it was a safety issue at the time of purchase, they said they would replace it, but not for $2800. I agreed and said there are cheaper ones I found on Amazon and eBay and they said they would look into those. Note to self, never buy another car with automatic moving headlights. Brand new Subaru's require whole headlight assemblies to be replaced when the bulb goes out. Subaru is making them where the bulbs cannot be replaced! Got that bit of info from the Subaru service department today.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Mine is under warranty (extended/aftermarket) so it should be covered. I called a dealer today and spoke with someone in service. They said that the new bulbs probably were not put in correctly and just needed adjusting. I had just replaced both bulbs for $60/each rather than $300/each (+ labor) that the dealer wanted. Now one is no longer working so I'm suspecting it's not just the bulb. You're lucky the place you got it from is willing to do that! I don't trust what the dealer might say as they weren't quite truthful the last time I was in and don't plan on going back to that dealership, which is the closest to me. :/

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
:thumb: I thought that the articulating lamp assemblies motorized movements automatically centered when the vehicle was turned on ???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts