EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a Buick dealer in the Houston or surrounding area? We are looking to finally buy the Enclave and are not sure which dealer to choose. THANKS for any help!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
We got our 09 Clave from Finnegan on the SW Freeway in Rosenberg
We felt we were treated very well
Haven't been back, haven't needed to, don't know if they were on the closing list or not

Rex

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! We bought our Rendezvous from David Taylor and were happy with the service for a couple of years, but are not so thrilled with them lately.

·
Registered
733 Posts
We bought a new 85 Cadillac from them and were treated like kings. When we were looking at Enclaves, we couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge our presence.

Rex

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, we had similar issues....not just with searching for the Enclave, but also with the service on our Rendezvous. We were treated really well too at one time, but that time seems to have passed. :-[ It's a shame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased a 2009 Enclave CXL special events car (500 miles) from Sewell in Dallas. I looked all over Houston and was amazed at the lack of interest from all the Houston dealers I called. I even went to Ron Carter to look at a car almost the same as the one in Dallas and they did not seem interested in dealing at all. I would also not recommend Beck and Masten as I went there and the guy I was waiting to talk to came into the showroom where I was waiting, saw me and started over then stopped to answer his cell and started talking to someone looking for another car and just ignored the guy standing in his showroom. I turned around and just walked out.

Short story is, I would recommend the 4 hour drive to Sewell. They made a good effort to value my trade unseen and dealt on the price of the one I bought. When I arrived yesterday, they had the car washed and paper tags ready, just waiting for me to drive it and confirm I would take it. They also had all the finance papers ready so that I didn't have to wait at all. Hands down the best and easiest car purchase I've made in the 20 years I've been driving and buying and my first domestic car purchase since 1989. I've had most of the luxury makes from Japan and Germany and yesterday convinced me that if GM had built all their cars like the Enclave and every dealer operated like Sewell, GM wouldn't be in the mess they are in today.

As a side note, in just the 24 hours I've had it, it is a better vehicle in every way than the 2008 Sequoia Ltd we also have for $12k less in price!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wiesner in Conroe treated us well. We used employee purchase, so the price was set from the beginning and no issues there. They did want to provide financing and asked what rate I already had. They couldn't beat it, but appreciated the chance.

The place looks like it was decorated in the late 70's, but the folks are nice and they have TONS of inventory.

- Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
We looked at the new inventory at Weisner and the fleet rep was helpful, but they were not competitive with our trade. If you are interested in talking to the folks at Sewell in Dallas I'll be happy to send you the contact info for my salesperson.

On a side note, I was hoping to have the Enclave serviced at David Taylor. They are not too far from where I live/work and my aunt used to buy her Cadillac's from them but based on the comments above, that may not be the best place. Any thoughts on a good service dealer who won't have issues with servicing a car not purchased from them?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the info. We will probably check out the Conroe and Rosenberg dealerships. I may be back for your contact info., Heightsenclave, if I can't work a good deal closer to town ;D. We won't be buying the car until Labor Day weekend, but I want to start looking around now.....
As far as the service department is concerned, we had an okay experience with West Point Mercury/Buick. I only used them for an oil change and a quick once-over....so, I don't really feel like I can completely recommend them.....I can only speak to the uncomfortable experiences we've had at David Taylor. I will not be going back there for service of any kind.... :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
buick#2
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing