EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum has sure changed since I first signed on! There has been a lot a whining and moaning lately on this site. How about some good or positive news. :thumb: I'm sure that GM recognizes the challenges the unexpected demand for the Enclave has created. AND I have faith things will improve and we will be enjoying our Gold Mist Enclave before we know it. :cheers:

Those of you who are enjoying your Enclave now, what are the public/friends comments on your vehicle so far??? :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
juglake said:
This forum has sure changed since I first signed on! There has been a lot a whining and moaning lately on this site. How about some good or positive news. :thumb: I'm sure that GM recognizes the challenges the unexpected demand for the Enclave has created. AND I have faith things will improve and we will be enjoying our Gold Mist Enclave before we know it. :cheers:

Those of you who are enjoying your Enclave now, what are the public/friends comments on your vehicle so far??? :)
I understand what you're saying and I agree, however, I feel justified in complaining with no GM pick up, and oder date of May 18th.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Tough to stay positive when day 114 is here and your order is still not even scheduled to be built!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I too would love to here about the driving experience of those with their Enclaves. We are picking ours up next week (just ordered from in-coming stock so we wouldn't have the ten year wait) and making such a big purchase makes me so nervous! I have been researching cars now for a full year non-stop trying to find the right vehicle for us (started out the Volvo XC70, then the XC90, then the Acura MDX,then the Audi Q7, then the Saturn Outlook, now the Enclave). We need a carpool-able car with my son starting kindergarten this year, and this seems like a great car --

So - anybody with an Enclave want to talk about why we will all love our cars once we get them :thumb:

Lisa
(who really feels bad for those who have been waiting so long -- it is not only bad for you, but bad for gm big time to mess up something that should be a home run for them)

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
juglake said:

Looks like another GM insider here ;D

All joking aside, I love it, I have mentioned it in the past, the moment you drive it off of the dealer's lot you will forget all the pain you went through. Just like how women feel after delivering the child, they forget the pain (my guess, hope my wife won't read this) and smile holding the result!

I am going to hit my first month of ownership in a week from now. So far, I have recieved at least 7-8 compliments from complete strangers. Infact, my neighbhor who had hardly responded to my hellos in past 4 years of my residency in this neighborhood said how much she liked my new vehicle and inquired what brand is it! To me this was the best compliment ever, since the Enclave opened up the dialogue between us!

So far, I love the whole package, I just wish they can reprogram the downshift to be more responsive and quick. At present it has made me a careful driver, I do not switch lanes in a split second driving Enclave like I do with my Pathfinder, since I know it won't downshift in time and hence afraid that the guy behind me will end up slamming the brakes or worst hit me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's a positive story. My wife and I have had our Enclave for about 2 weeks. The day after we purchased it we went out to dinner to a restaurant with valet parking. Obviously I was concerned handing over our new wheels to a teenager, but the kid was very nice and impressed with the car and HE suggested leaving it right in front of the restaurant instead of putting it in the lot and risking any dings. The hostess at the restaurant could also see the car from her post and asked me all sorts of questions about what kind of car it was, etc. When we came out from dinner, the hostess said that several people had told her what a beatiful car it was and asked her questions about it. She said she could have sold the car several times over for us! This was at a restuarant whose lot is filled with Mercedes, BMW's, Volvos, etc.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Stop doing that there will never be any inventory for the rest of us........ :banghead:

I'm "Positive" that all this advertising and back slapping is hurting inventory build.

See I can be positive.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have been riding both sides of the fence lately. I have voiced my concerns and complaints about the order process. I have also added a lot of help to those in the process or needing additional information. I have been posting information to help people with financing, making the deal, etc.

My tone and discussion will change to being more positive when GM gives me a reason to. Until then myself and others like me will I believe continue to help others as we can and still take the time to vent, and list our issues.

If GM would like more positive press then GM should do more for their customers. If that happens I will gladly reciprocate.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
juglake said:

:soapbox:

Thanks so much for posting this - you are absolutely right! A actually went through my posts yesterday to see if I was a whiner when I was waiting for my Enclave and thank goodness I wasn't.

If you have an April or May order that hasn't been filled then you certainly have my sympathy and you have a right to complain. But, if you were told 10-12 weeks in JULY then give it a rest!

If your beef is with a dealer - what, did you think they were all saints until you decided you wanted an Enclave?

OK - I apologize for contributing to the negativity and I'll step off the soapbox now but the forum is changing and I'm sorry to see it go.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Let's see......

Rides nicely
Very quiet
Very comfortable and spacious
Haven't been back to the dealer yet and we've owned it since April 30th
Averaging 17 MPG rather than the 12 MPG of our Expedition

My only gripe is the transmission issue which will hopefully be addressed with this months update.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
zman said:
Let's see......

Rides nicely
Very quiet
Very comfortable and spacious
Haven't been back to the dealer yet and we've owned it since April 30th
Averaging 17 MPG rather than the 12 MPG of our Expedition

My only gripe is the transmission issue which will hopefully be addressed with this months update.
Will this new update require a dealer visit? or somehow can patch up the software via OnStar, similar to patching your computer over the internet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love my Enclave!!!! Last week we took it on our first road trip (8 hours) and it was great. We could take everything we wanted and everyone was still comfortable. Because of the nav, my 5 year old changed the "are we there yet?" to "how many miles are left?" It was kind of amusing since I swear she asked about every 2-3 miles. I got out of the car and aside from the sore bottom from sitting so long I didn't feel stiff like usual after a long trip.

Also, I remember reading a post about people stopping Enclave owners and asking to look at their cars. I made the comment to my husband that I thought that was funny, and actually wondered who would actually ask to look into someone's car. Not more than 2 hours after the comment, a Rendevous driver stopped us and asked to look in. We started laughing. She said that once you start driving a Buick you will never want to drive anything else. Then 4 days later, someone else asked to see the car. She was thinking about the Lexus, but was really impressed with the Enclave. Again we laughed.

I am glad that we took the ONE off the lot. It wasn't the color I was going to order, but now I love the white and really love the car. I hate to hear the stories from everyone waiting, because this is such a great car! :banana:

·
Registered
612 Posts
juglake said:
There has been a lot a whining and moaning lately on this site.
I joined this forum to learn about the Enclave from owners and get an insight into build quality and owner satisfaction.

The forum has been hijacked by people who have Enclave's on order and are obsessed with their build date. (60 percent of Recent Topics on the main page right now). "It's been 8 weeks and no car!!!!!" is an example. "How do I get an Allotment?"

Sheesh.. When I walked into my Honda dealer to buy an Odyssey a few years ago the dealer would not allow a test drive and told me a minimum of 4 months. I test drove a used model and ordered on the spot. The fact that the test drive car (a 3 year old Odyssey) had only depreciated about $3000 was impressive.

The main thing I would like to say is.. can we split this forum into an owners forum and another forum for people who want to complain about their Enclave order? I have lost interest in this forum since the content of new postings is comprised of about 80% people in the second group.

Be positive? Lets move the negative traffic ("where is my Enclave?") out.

·
Registered
612 Posts
jks said:
.. Not more than 2 hours after the comment, a Rendevous driver stopped us and asked to look in. We started laughing.
Love your comment. I am trying to sell my wife on the Enclave. When we stop at the grocery store and see one she refuses to look into their car -- "That's being nosy!"

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here's a thought - if you're not interested in reading posts about vehicles on order, THEN DON'T READ THE THREADS THAT HAVE TOPICS RELATED TO ORDERS!

For example, I'm not getting an AWD Enclave, so I purposely don't bother reading the topics related to AWD. Blogs are designed for you to look for the exact topics you're interested in. And if you're not finding a topic you're looking for, start a new topic!

Sure, there is a lot of dialogue going on about people waiting for their orders...because the vast majority of people that are interested in Enclaves are in that group of people waiting for their orders!

Mine is on order, but I'm not simply complaining about the wait. I'm gathering good information and insights from others that are waiting (or were waiting) and in the meantime I'm learning TONS about the vehicle. I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure that's exactly what this blog is intended to do!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW! :thumb:

Now this is fun reading. :blob: I appreciate the comments and experiences about your Enclaves. This is what fires us UP about getting ours! It will make the wait easier to handle... THANK YOU!! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
coop said:
Will this new update require a dealer visit? or somehow can patch up the software via OnStar, similar to patching your computer over the internet?
I think the only option is to visit the dealer for this.

·
Registered
167 Posts
ok here's positive...
after my enclave has been in for service for the third time,
i finally got it back yesterday yeaheee! lol

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Joe-drum said:
ok here's positive...
after my enclave has been in for service for the third time,
i finally got it back yesterday yeaheee! lol
Keep us posted. I hope it is fixed right this time!

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
grd398s said:
Here's a thought - if you're not interested in reading posts about vehicles on order, THEN DON'T READ THE THREADS THAT HAVE TOPICS RELATED TO ORDERS!
Here's another thought - If you'd like to post a comment about your order status, pick a thread related to orders and post it there. (grd398s - I'm not directing this comment at you b/c you are not guilty of posting at random.)

I understand the frustration related to waiting and not knowing how long you'll be waiting and this is a great place to spend time while you're waiting. I know from experience that your friends and family don't understand why you're obsessing about a car. At least here we're sympathetic so definitely keep visiting the sight and posting. Just don't let it poison every thread.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts