EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2008 enclave and there was major mold issues. I cleaned most of it but I have this feeling i need to get under the flooring. I still smell mold in the car even after as much cleaning I've done. I dont know how to pull it up to appropriately clean under it without basically ripping it all out and it not being able to put it back in. I could barbarian it out of the car but I want to be able to put it back, what's the best way about going on this? I know for sure the second row captains seats flooring is going to be the biggest part I need to work on but I feel like it could also be under the front row captain's seats too because of a leak from the roof that drained through the airbags in the handlebars. I just cant afford to replace the flooring all together so if it can be put back I'd prefer that and I unfortunately dont have the funds to get it professionally cleaned like I know it should. Thanks for helping a damsel in destress

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Youll have to remove the seats.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
this can get you started

·
Registered
81 Posts
Chances are that the odor is coming from the padding under the carpet, and IMHO, that will be impossible to clean. I'm afraid you will probably have to replace it, or or learn to live with the smell. You can buy the padding aftermarket at many upholstery shops.

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
Better hope that mold hasn't gotten into the foam of the seats. A long time ago we had an Expedition that came with non-OEM 2nd row captains chairs. They were nice but wouldn't fold flat so I picked up an OEM bench on ebay in the matching leather. Immediately after installing it I noticed the musty smell. We tried everything (taking it out and letting it sit in the sun, various cleaners, covering it in baking soda) but the smell never went away. The seller ended up just refunding me and I put it at the curb. Found another one used and that one was fine.

The one thing I didn't try, and I've heard can work wonders, is an ozone treatment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts