EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have purchased their Enclave using Conquest rebate, could you please share how it works?

Let's say you agreed to pay $42,000 for your loaded Enclave, at the time of delivery will the dealer knock off another thousand for conquest to make it $41,000? or GM will send you a check of 1000 in mail? or the $42000 selling price already includes the discount, so GM will reimburse the dealer?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
My purchase agreement showed a separate line item for rebates, and the $1000 Conquest was included there. When I bought we agreed on price with the understanding that it did not include any of the rebates - they rebates would be on top of the agreed upon price.

So mine was deducted from the price I paid. The dealer at some point received reimbursement from GM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I negotiated my price and my trade-in value first. After that number was agreed upon, the dealer subtracted the 1,000 conquest and my 1,000 GM Credit Card for a total of a $2,000 reduction on the agreed price. Remember, these are pre-tax deductions and you should only pay sales tax (if any in your state) on the net price after the conquest and/or gm card earnings. The dealer will be reimbursed by GM for both.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer I am working with priced the car without any negotitations @ 40500, the MSRP is 42825. He was not budging any more so I played the GMS card upon which he said you are better off with the price I gave you since that includes Conquest which can not be combined with GMS. Now the GMS price for the same vehicle is $40003. This an order that he placed already thru his allocation before I even contacted him, basically I am committing to buy the vehicle that hasn't arrived yet. So I guess I wont get as good of a deal as most of you who ordered theirselves.

He is still not giving me the GMS price as stated on the sheet and fudging some numbers to come up with the same total as before GMS ie. $40500. Not sure what to do :sosad: :confused:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fenwah said:
What proof did you need to show them in order to get the conquest money? Did you just drive up in a non-GM car or did they want the title?
They need your name on the title of non-gm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Right. I brought in a free and clear title to a non-GM car and they just deducted $1000 after xeroxing the title. I thought all rebates were post-tax, btw. Is anyone else surprised that GM is actually offered the rebate on what seems to be a winner in their lineup?

Jay

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Jay said:
I thought all rebates were post-tax, btw.
Jay
In Minnesota at least, they are taken off pre-tax, so we save another 6.5% on top of the rebate value.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is there a loyalty discount for GM owners? Do all dealers give you a price that is better than MRSP? Should I expect to get a quote for less than MSRP? It seems like everyone here is getting less than MSRP. I may go by there tomorrow if I finish up my day early, and I want to be prepared in case I end up ordering. (the first time I went there I didn't understand the difference between invoice and MSRP, you guys have taught me so much! :notworthy:

·
Registered
28 Posts
There was a loyalty discount ($750) last month when we placed our order...not sure now.
Most dealers I think will begin negotiating from MSRP if the car is on the lot. On a brand new model like this that is getting good press and apparently selling well, it will be a tough negotiation (IMHO) to get below sticker (MSRP) if the car is sitting on the lot. It depends on the type of dealership as well. Large volume type dealerships care more about the number of units sold vs smaller dealerships that sell less and need to make more profits on each unit sold.

Most on here are odering their cars. To me, that makes a difference because the dealer is essentially delivering the vehicle as soon as it arrives making more profit than if it is sitting on the lot just looking pretty! (Dealer Holdback). I called a dealership and just outright asked "if I order a new enclave, will you sell it to me for $100 over invoice." The first dealership I called...."Sure,we can do that." I then made sure any rebates available at the time of delivery could be taken off that price!!!

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since I need my Enclave by 2nd week of July, I can't really place an order now. Which leaves no room for negotiations. First I called a gazillion dealerships and found only two have the Carbon on order. Out of those two only one had the options closed to what I have been looking for ..... you can guess the rest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts