EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really don't understand folks..... i have been doing my finger work and pushing the internet for the best dealer/deal to order my car. i sent a dealership an email regarding, of course, an enclave w/all my specs. he sends me back an email stating:

we are all out of enclaves right now but here is a cx9 w/similar specs for x amount of dollars. DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :confused: :sosad:

i replied, if i wanted a cx9 i would have asked for a price on a cx9. now, i am fully aware that an enclave can be ordered w/my specs and would you kindly send me a quote as specified. :banghead:

perhaps the dealers just dont want to go through the hassle of ordering and having to deal w/all the problems its taking to get these vehicles out to the customers. :deadhorse:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
When I started internet shopping I had the best email from a local dealer. It was full of grammatical errors and incomplete sentences. I've looked for it before to post here but I must have deleted it. Basically, he wanted me to come in to the dealership. What is the point of an internet sales division if they don't give you a quote over the internet?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Duh? Or is that Hyun-duh? :sosad:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Why would a Buick (GM) dealer and a Mazda (Ford) dealer be housed together?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ccaats said:
Why would a Buick (GM) dealer and a Mazda (Ford) dealer be housed together?
I dont know but they are...

·
Registered
525 Posts
I found my Enclave through the online search, emailed the dealer and requested a quote. When I didn't hear from them the next day I went to the dealership. I talked to the internet salesman in the showroom. He said they didn't have any Enclaves. I told him the internet search showed four Enclaves at their dealership. He checked his computer and said they weren't there. I said lets go for a walk. We found them on the back lot. I had to wait a few hours for them to prep one for me to test drive. I made an offer and drove mine home the next day.

I don't know, but I think automakers should take a lesson from Micheal Dell and eliminate the folks in the showroom and sell direct online. They could keep the dealerships for service and as a storefront to show the merchandise, and discount the vehicles the amount of the sales commission. ::)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wait until you ask your salesman about the accessories that are suppose to be available for the Enclave. Mine told me he had no idea what was available, (Assist steps, mud flaps, All-weather mats, etc...) he had no accessories guide and was clueless. He told me to stop at the the parts department and check with them. Wouldn't even get up from his desk and go with me. What can you say, they are what they are.

R

·
0 Posts
well its good competition. like saturn having a honda and a toyota to compare their new aura to, you have to love their confidence in their car if they have two competitors on their lot.

·
Registered
148 Posts
axiama said:
When I started internet shopping I had the best email from a local dealer. It was full of grammatical errors and incomplete sentences. I've looked for it before to post here but I must have deleted it. Basically, he wanted me to come in to the dealership. What is the point of an internet sales division if they don't give you a quote over the internet?
Ahhh, I see you talked to my rich cousin in Nigeria. He is still waiting to give you a cut in his million dollar fortune. You just need to give him your SSN and bank statements to verify that you are who you say you are. :hijacked:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh how I wish that I could have purchased directly from GM and not given some moron a commission for our car purchase! He was completely useless, knew nothing about the car. He just happened to be the one who picked up the phone one night when I called. And to top it off, he didn't return mine or my husband's 3 calls to put down a deposit on the car!! ???

Of course, with all the problems you guys are having with GM customer service... who knows if that would be any better?!?! :banghead:

·
Registered
69 Posts
What is really sad about all of this is at the end of the day these Buick sales reps have basically 3 models to be knowledgeable about, Lucerne, LaCrosse, and Enclave. How hard is that? Toyota has more SUVs than that. And don't reply to me about lame duck models like Rainer, Rendezvous, etc. Like others in this forum I have been in sales for a long time (25 years) with technology products and have had to re-educate myself over and over again to be productive. I agree with the Dell analogy but unfortunately GM will read that as validation for the Saturn model and totally misinterpret the market.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
NO Dummies here at my NJ dealer.
The sales and service people are always pleasant and knowledgeable. They are an in-town, stand-alone family owned Buick dealer, who does little or no advertising, and brings in some of the largest Buick sales numbers for the region. My three Buicks listed here below were purchased there, and I was directly responsible for 3 more sales from referrals. From what I read here, this kind of dealer is a dying breed. Too bad, as it a pleasure, not a chore, to buy a car from them. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
525 Posts
When I bought my Enclave the salesman told me their bonuses and perks were determined by the "Purchase and Delivery Satisfaction Survey" GM sends to each new owner, and only "Completely Satisfied" responses are acceptable at corporate. Anything else just doesn't cut it. He was very adamant about this. My survey now sits in front of me. All of you who purchase a new vehicle from GM will receive this survey. This will be your chance to let the "Big Boys" at GM know how you feel about your buying experience.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just had a dealer email me and tell me he was told that when he took his classes on the enclave that buick would not take orders for this car for the 1st 2 years........... :rofl:

·
Registered
152 Posts
MRBUICK said:
NO Dummies here at Lindeman Buick in Westfield, NJ
The sales and service people are always pleasant and knowledgeable. They are an in-town, stand-alone family owned Buick dealer, who does little or no advertising, and brings in some of the largest Buick sales numbers for the region. My three Buicks listed here below were purchased there, and I was directly responsible for 3 more sales from referrals. From what I read here, this kind of dealer is a dying breed. Too bad, as it a pleasure, not a chore, to buy a car from them. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Very interesting.... I actually visited this dealer and was turned off by their sales tactics.
Some of the things I was told were:
"We don't accept GM Supplier Pricing now"
"These vehicles are selling at MSRP +"
They had the same Red TintCoat on the lot for almost 2 months (I drove by it almost every other day) and I even wrote down the VIN so I could look it up on the GM website for the full list of features.
When I said that the red one has sat on their lot for a long time they told me "oh we have sold 3 identical vehicles like that one and that one is not the same one from 2 months ago". Strange, a new vehicle is on the lot with the same VIN as the old one and the same paint defects. They must really mean "identical".

They also told me about the features and told me that they won't order the NAV or the DVD systems.
About half of the information I got from them on the options/features were wrong.

They also tack on a matching body side molding, paint treatment /sealer and pinstripes. YUCK!

Maybe I ran into the wrong salesmen there but as for me I wouldn't buy from them.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol comic

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Oh well, you can't please everyone ::)

·
Registered
360 Posts
comiccolec said:
They had the same Red TintCoat on the lot for almost 2 months (I drove by it almost every other day) and I even wrote down the VIN so I could look it up on the GM website for the full list of features.
Are you saying that there is site where you put in the specific VIN and get a read out of the sticker/feature list? ???
(Other than the "search" function).
Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
When you do a search in www.gmbuypower.com and you return the list of vehicles at a particular dealer you can then click on one vehicle to get the window sticker information. On this page is the VIN number. I used the VIN from the car on the lot to verify the one on the website is the same one I was looking at. Then I could be sure that the details were correct and not for another similar vehicle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts