EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

How far would you/did you drive to purchase your Enclave?

• No more than 10 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up to 25 miles

• Up to 50 miles

• Up to 100 miles

• I'd drive/fly anywhere to get what I want

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wanted the white diamond with tan interior so bad and went to my dealership on tuesday and they told me I couldn't order it in that color anymore and they couldn't find a dealership that would trade so I got on buick.com and pulled up all the white diamond with tan interiors I could and spent a day and a half calling dealerships. I couldn't believe how many told me that the owners wife was driving it and would not give it up. I finally found one in Flint MI which is seven hours away 450 miles each way and I put a deposit down with my credit card over the phone and drove the seven hours to pick it up on Thursday. I now have a beautiful fully loaded white diamond Enclave and am loving it!!! My husband thinks I'm crazy but when I set my mind to something I do get kind of obsessive! SO if you want one bad enough keep trying and be willing to drive......and don't get discourage when you find one and call to find out that it is either sold already, or the dealers wife is driving it!
P.S. My parents came to visit us last weekend and we took them to the dealership to see the Enclave since they had never seen or heard of it before. My mom fell in love with it and just ordered it in gold mist yesterday! Too funny! Gold mist was my second favorite color but since that is the color that my mom was getting I was extra determined to get the white diamond!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck!

G

·
i would use das (dependible auto shippers) thats how we got my fathers old car to the buyer, they came right to the house and in a week it was at the buyers front door.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Apparently we'd drive anywhere to get what we wanted. White Diamond lust was our Achilles heal. And besides it was only 108 miles but the pole didn't cut any slack for buyers traveling over 100 miles! Never a regret.

P.S. We drove 108 miles to make the purchase, followed by an additional 108 miles to get the beauty home!

·
Registered
29 Posts
We drove 174 miles roundtrip. We were originally going to order but got amazingly lucky. Keep stalking those dealerships, you just might get lucky and find one w/everything you hoped for!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Drove 550 to pick it up and 755 on the new vehicle to bring it home keeping the first 500 off the freeway.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Just curious. Did the dealer tell you why White Diamond was no longer available? This would seem to make the existing White Diamond Enclaves more valuable.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Although I checked off that we would go anywhere we needed to to get what we wanted, we found perhaps the finest dealer less than 2 miles away!

Got it with the $500 conquest rebate and for $500 above invoice while the dealer added etching on all the glass for theft protection saving us on comprehensive insurance for free!

Just picked up our baby 2 days ago and she's huge! Those 19 inch wheels and 8 adult passenger body fill the garage pretty well!

TM

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
About 2 miles, to the dealer I have purchased 4 Buicks from.
My mommy wouldn't let me go far from home.

MRBUICK

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
:tunes: I would drive 500 miles and I would drive 500 more... da da da da... da da da da... :tunes:

·
Registered
758 Posts
MRBUICK said:
About 2 miles, to the dealer I have purchased 4 Buicks from.
My mommy wouldn't let me go far from home.

MRBUICK
Does my mommy know your mommy?? :binky:

·
Registered
65 Posts
300 miles. We live in Tulsa and I found the one we wanted in Dallas.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sounds like a great excuse to run to Dallas!!! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
OKCCowboy said:
Sounds like a great excuse to run to Dallas!!! :)
I need to stop going to Dallas, I've purchased 5 cars from there. Seem like when we look for a vehicle we always want one in low supply at the time. LOL

98 Volvo S7 - Sold
2002 Honda Odyssey - Sold
2004 Mach 1 Mustang - Will have forever :thumb:
2006 VW Jetta TDI - For fuel economy
2008 Enclave - For the wife to haul the kids in style.

·
Registered
120 Posts
TheKings said:
2008 Enclave - For the wife to haul the kids in style.
Oh, you are so sweet. :thumb: Your wife is so lucky to have you thinking that way.

As a mother it is great to drive a vehicle that that is so sharp. After all those years of driving the family car, it is payback time. ;D

·
Registered
333 Posts
iDrive said:
Oh, you are so sweet. :thumb: Your wife is so lucky to have you thinking that way.

As a mother it is great to drive a vehicle that that is so sharp. After all those years of driving the family car, it is payback time. ;D
After all those years of driving a minivan, what a difference!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Currently waiting for one to be delivered to a dealer in Houston. We're in Austin, so that's about 170 miles one way to pick it up.

joe

1 - 20 of 70 Posts