EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a question that I think is on a lot of people's minds, those like me who are waiting and waiting!

To those who have received your beautiful Enclaves, please give us your order date, build date, and delivery date, and where you ordered it (what city/state). I ordered mine on 8/10 from Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg Idaho and am told my build date is 10/8. I'll post when I receive it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
We are waiting too, our order date was Aug 27, our build date it set be Sep 25. The dealer told us we should expect it mid Oct. We are in Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
172 Posts
ticner58 said:
Order Date: 4/23/07 (147 Days Monday, 21 weeks)
Order #: KZFTS9
Code Status #: 3000 (9/6/07)
Build Date: None (Saw 3 on a truck today, so I know they exhist)
Delivery Date: Who knows? (The plant is only 2 1/2 hours away)
Times Lied to from the Dealer: 2 (only a estimate, I suspect it could be higher)
Favorite Dealer Line: "We should know something sometime soon"! (One of many, but this ranked #1)
Ordered From: HH Niswander Pontiac/Buick/Gmc, Huntington, Indiana
Recommended Dealer: Throw a dart at the dart board, I should have!
E-Mails to Buick customer service: Several
E-mail Replys from Buick customer service: 1
Phone calls to Buick customer service: 1 (waste of time)
Why I still wait: ??? (I don't remember anymore, It's gonna be great, doesn't cut it for me anymore.
I just hope they go good in the snow, I've never purchased a new vehicle during winter before.)

Buick, If you need any help in writing that new chapter for the customer service playbook, contact me!

·
Registered
525 Posts
For those tired of waiting, find one on the lot and buy it. I know it might not be the exact build you want, but that might beat the creeping depression I've seen people suffering who've been waiting for what seems like forever. I don't mean to be cruel, I just want to help. I considered ordering until I saw the long waits people were having, so I cruised the dealers waiting for a delivery truck to arrive and bought the first one they rolled off that suited my budget and tastes. I'm not sorry, and I'm driving my new Enclave. Anyway, good luck to all, no matter what you decide to do.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Things must be getting better. I ordered mine on 8/21. The dealer called last week to let me know it has shipped and I should be able to pick it up this week. I just drove thru the parking lot to see if it came and what do yo know. It's sitting right there. Cocoa CXL FWD, Ebony leather, luxury pkg, driver conf. pkg, moonroof, 19" wheels and cargo net/sun shade. I'm starting to see more dealers with Enclaves on the lot. It may only be 2-3 but a month ago you wouldn't see an unsold Enclave on the lot longer than 3 days. I'm sure there still are dealers that are back logged but armed with the info. from this site, you know what questions to ask regarding a dealer being able to get your vehicle to you in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
509 Posts
smokeyy said:
Things must be getting better. I ordered mine on 8/21. The dealer called last week to let me know it has shipped and I should be able to pick it up this week. I just drove thru the parking lot to see if it came and what do yo know. It's sitting right there. Cocoa CXL FWD, Ebony leather, luxury pkg, driver conf. pkg, moonroof, 19" wheels and cargo net/sun shade. I'm starting to see more dealers with Enclaves on the lot. It may only be 2-3 but a month ago you wouldn't see an unsold Enclave on the lot longer than 3 days. I'm sure there still are dealers that are back logged but armed with the info. from this site, you know what questions to ask regarding a dealer being able to get your vehicle to you in a reasonable amount of time.
Wow, that's a really great turn around--must have been a dealer with an open/ready to submit allocation or something. OR, if things really are just now speeding up....we'll have to wait and see what some other recent orderers are seeing.

Just for reference, now Enclave shopping, we went to a dealer about 45 minutes outside of Philly--not a big place, but not tiny either--and they actually had a nicely equipped FWD CX (PERFECT for us to see & drive...too bad it was the wrong colors, because everything else was right). The salesman said it would probably be sold soon, and that they had 6 more on order, all custom orders, and that "it takes about 2 months". I wasn't even thinking to ask about their allocation status, etc., but now am wondering. For as long as it would take, I thought it'd be good to order now and take the time to figure out what to do with the current car, but she wanted to wait--I think, still, not realizing how long 2 months is to wait and THEN decide to order.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Order date 6-15, build date 8-20 pick up 9-4.
Hang in there if you have been waiting it is worth it. I just went over 500 miles and got to open her up a little on the interstate today and it is a nice ride at 90+ MPH!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Order Date: May 20th
Build Date: Aug 13th
Delivery Date: Aug 31st

We waited about 12 weeks to get our vehicle from the day we ordered.
It took about two weeks to transport the vehicle to our dealer from Michigan.

·
Registered
259 Posts
too long! :mad: 5/5, 8/13, 8/27

·
Registered
509 Posts
Now, for anyone (okay, most people) whose took 2 months or more, did you happen to know what your dealers allocation status was? Kind of, they had to wait a month or so until they actually could order one and then it got accepted, or...did it just sit that long in the system after being accepted?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Now, for anyone (okay, most people) whose took 2 months or more, did you happen to know what your dealers allocation status was? Kind of, they had to wait a month or so until they actually could order one and then it got accepted, or...did it just sit that long in the system after being accepted?
I ordered June 12th. Still waiting. I can't answer your question as my dealer has a) never called me and b) would never give me a straight answer regarding allocation. He only told me he was the second largest dealer in the area and should have good numbers. From this site I have found out he should know his exact numbers and he just wouldn't tell me. If I don't have some action this week, he will have lost a customer. I am willing to go through this again or look at another vehicle from principal alone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Order placed and received on 07/17 sat a code 1100 for a month and a half went to code 3000 last week with a build date for the week of 09/24 when I will get it ....who knows my dealer did give me a loner vehicle to use until it gets here seeing how I sold my other vehicle already.

·
Registered
129 Posts
We ordered July 25. We were told by our salesman it would take 8-10 weeks. Never thought to ask about "allocation" and dates at the time. On August 22, I stopped in to see how things were progressing and only THEN found out that our dealer did not have an allocation when we ordered. HOWEVER, he did get one on August 23 and our order went to 2000. Since then things have moved along, as we are scheduled to be built this week-3400 :thumb:. Delivery?, I would imagine within 10 days of build date. I say that because my father-in-law got his Enclave within 10 days of his build date and they live 80 miles from us. We live in Michigan and are about 300 miles from Lansing Delta Plant.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Placed our original order 8/2 and as far as I know I still do not have a build date--doesn't matter though as my new Enclave is sitting in my driveway, after a quick road trip from NJ to RI to pick up an IN STOCK vehicle (Carbon/Ebony--All the candy). Couldn't take the wait anymore and scoured dealer inventories till I found it, compromising NOTHING from my original order!! Took about 3 weeks of searching but turned out much better than the 12-14 weeks my local dealer was telling me. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
BigSkyPrez said:
Placed our original order 8/2 and as far as I know I still do not have a build date--doesn't matter though as my new Enclave is sitting in my driveway, after a quick road trip from NJ to RI to pick up an IN STOCK vehicle (Carbon/Ebony--All the candy). Couldn't take the wait anymore and scoured dealer inventories till I found it, compromising NOTHING from my original order!! Took about 3 weeks of searching but turned out much better than the 12-14 weeks my local dealer was telling me. :cheers:
Good job, you are the smart one of the group. If I had known about the forum and found out all of this info earlier I would have tried the same thing. Now I am 14 weeks into the wait and it seems like I should ride it out, however, I need to hear something concrete from the dealer this week or I am following your path :beer:

·
Registered
249 Posts
caddycruiser said:
We didn't know how many our dealers were authorized but according to them, they gave me their last one. I did pry some more info about this allocation process. From what they tell me, it's a monthly allocation. So if they used up all for that month, then the orders will go to the next month's allocations. The allocation numbers are dependent from their last year's sales. I don't know if any of these are true.

·
Registered
15 Posts
paulhill said:
We are waiting too, our order date was Aug 27, our build date it set be Sep 25. The dealer told us we should expect it mid Oct. We are in Ontario, Canada.
I am also in Ontario Canada. Order Date was Aug. 14. But still can not get a build date from my dealer. All they will say is the order has been excepted. Even tried calling Buick Cutomer service and they were no help. ???

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Update on previous post. I called again today, my weekly call. Now the dealer tells me a 9-20 delivery date (June 12th order). I asked what had happened to the 9-11 delivery date that he had first told me. He claims to not remember telling me that, he also told me a different build date than he had previously given me. Can you say "give me the run around." Hopefully this Thursday is the day. As I said in a previous post, how is it that I can order a $20 item from amazon and I can track its every move until it arrives on my doorstep and my dealer can't tell me where my $43,000 truck is? Great job Buick.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts